AMD 1100t Black Edition and AMD R9 Nano

Not sure if this where I should be posting, but I'm looking for a bit of help on this matter. I have been thinking maybe of building a whole new custom build, because it's been almost 5 years now I last build one, but also been thinking of just upgrading my GPU to something newer like the AMD R9 Nano that it got a price cut not too long ago, then making a whole new build.

Processor: Amd Phenom II x6 1100t stock speed.
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB  
Motherboard: Gigabyte 870a-usb3 
Power supply: CoolMaster 750W +80 Bronze 
Chassis: Raidmax Blackstorm Black Mid-Tower Case

My question is would I have any problems when using AMD R9 Nano with the current CPU I have right now, or no problems really to be concerned about?

No, nothing much.

Aside from the massive bottleneck.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Your Phenom will bottleneck a Fury Nano, but if you are going to buy a new CPU later on in the year, I'd go for it.

Your HD 6850 I'd imagine would be struggling in modern games, but the Phenom would be going fine.

that CPU should not be paired with such a strong GPU.

How much you have to spend on upgrades?

i would buy a cheaper GPU such as an R9 390 or GTX 970 which are still plenty capable and worlds faster than what you have right now and get an intel core i5 and a new motherboard i would look for haswell and Z97 if you have good DDR3 memory do you have 8GB? you could re-use that if not then look for a skylake i5 with a matching motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

The Nano is far from being worth it's pricetag anyways you can get much better performing cards for that price.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-AMD-HD-6850/2577vsm7743

This is the kind of performance increase we are talking about here...and i don't trust your PSU one bit either i would upgrade that first...in fact i would sell that machine and start an whole new one maybe?...but upgrading it is possible if you use for example an i5-4460 or i5-4590 and an H97 motherboard you could save a lot of money and afford a new PSU and a GTX 970.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Do you have a specific reason for the nano? You could buy an r9 390 for much cheaper and get similar performance, although of course it would be much longer.

Aside from that the phenom will bottleneck the card, but not to the point where it will ruin the experience. Overclocking it would help a lot, just buy a cheap aftermarket cooler like a cryorig h7

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd recommend continuing to use the Phenom II if you were running it at about 4GHz (higher is better if possible however). Since your running it at stock however, you should probably wait until you can afford a newer (non AM3/AM3+) CPU+ the R9 Nano.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Thanks you guys for your answers, I try to save up for now, and see if I can get myself a good Intel CPU and motherboard, before getting a new GPU. 

Thanks you guys for your answers, I try to save up for now, and see if I can get myself a good Intel CPU and motherboard, before getting a new GPU.

i would buy the GPU first then if you can't afford to upgrade both, i would get a GTX 970 this is easier to run CPU wise and more efficient your PSU is cheap and old (don't ask me how i know it's poorly built, coolermaster had no good 80+bronze PSU back when that system was put togheter)but i would feel the GTX 970 wouldn't push it too hard. Upgrade the rest when you have more funds you will get a big performance boost in games anyways.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

i would buy the GPU first then if you can't afford to upgrade both, i would get a GTX 970 this is easier to run CPU wise and more efficient your PSU is cheap and old i would feel the GTX 970 wouldn't push it too hard.

Alright, so i'm thinking of slowing just build my way up until I have almost a whole new rig, this way I can give my old one way to my family members.