@scrapyard wars

online_olympian

You guys should start with a small budget build your machines, sell them for more. Re-invest for every episode. I went through 4 pc's this year and came out WAY ahead. By buying and selling machines I have a xeon e5-2670 with a 780ti for the small investment of 300 original dollars. I went from a q6600 with a gtx 560 through 2 qx9650's 1 i5-3470. Buying used individual parts and selling them for more than I invested was a great strategy to get where I am. It just took 9 months. but still I think this is a valid goal for your scrapyard wars show. which I love. Thanks!

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

Brilliant idea but it might take up too much time I'd personally love to see that though

@Slick @LinusTech

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

You guys should start with a small budget build your machines, sell them for more. Re-invest for every episode. I went through 4 pc's this year and came out WAY ahead. By buying and selling machines I have a xeon e5-2670 with a 780ti for the small investment of 300 original dollars. I went from a q6600 with a gtx 560 through 2 qx9650's 1 i5-3470. Buying used individual parts and selling them for more than I invested was a great strategy to get where I am. It just took 9 months. but still I think this is a valid goal for your scrapyard wars show. which I love. Thanks!

Good idea. You should maybe tag Linus and Luke if you're serious about them seeing it though, like so: @LinusTech @Slick

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Great idea but have to remember it is better business wise for them to do what will gain more views. So each one should have the same model but the different objectives make it more new viewer friendly IMO. There are a few other reasons too why I don't think it would make financial sense.

they should build workstation pc's instead of gaming pc's for a season. that would be cool

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

I like this idea too. Maybe they should see what they can build for the same price spent at the end too.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

This is a really good idea. Summoning @LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

How about they build a pc for however much they want, then sell it.  They'd be scored on their profit margins.  It could be really interesting to see the different approaches they take to making profit.

This seems more feasible to get done in a week or so than building multiple machines like the initial post said

Edited by Mattsoup

Thank you! @Linus Tech @Slick

This is a really good idea. Summoning @LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

There is no need to quote them on the post more than once. They will see it anyway.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Huh interesting idea, but it would be pretty difficult to execute I think, as far as time constraints and dedication to the project goes 

Huh interesting idea, but it would be pretty difficult to execute I think, as far as time constraints and dedication to the project goes 

That's why they should each build one machine and try to make the biggest profit.  It would only take like a week

I am sure there would be someone willing to buy PCs from these guys for far more than they are normally worth just because the LTT crew worked on them...

They used the no influence clause before, they can do it again

Pretty sound idea.

One thing I would love to see them do is a really low budget series, they have $100 to build a rig with, complete with monitor, keyboard and mouse.

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS

There is no need to quote them on the post more than once. They will see it anyway.

Calm down bro. The guy you quoted didn't tag Linus properly and only tagged slick, it's usually easier to tag slick, linus and nick since they'll eventually see it. Chill out man.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I thought about this and said.  This has probably happened and sure enough here you are on LTT.  

This is a seriously good strategy and my cousin does it.  I don't have to money to start up but you could make a good PC business.  A no bu****it one too and earn some good money from it.  Good on you mate.

I thought about this and said.  This has probably happened and sure enough here you are on LTT.  

This is a seriously good strategy and my cousin does it.  I don't have to money to start up but you could make a good PC business.  A no bu****it one too and earn some good money from it.  Good on you mate.

My parents get pissed at me when I spend a lot on stuff like gaming pcs, so every year before I move home after spring semester I sell my machine for $100 more than I spent on it.  I just keep the HD and save the cash and rebuild the next year.  I've done it twice already.

This is a cool idea that might work in Canada on craigslist I guess.

This would be really hard to do on ebay UK though. I was recently bidding on a used (5 month old) 4690k. They are £175 brand new with free shipping, but it ended at £160. Why would you do that?! There are some strange people on ebay that get too desperate to win the auction, and make it impossible to get good deals on stuff  :huh:

This is a cool idea that might work in Canada on craigslist I guess.

This would be really hard to do on ebay UK though. I was recently bidding on a used (5 month old) 4690k. They are £175 brand new with free shipping, but it ended at £160. Why would you do that?! There are some strange people on ebay that get too desperate to win the auction, and make it impossible to get good deals on stuff  :huh:

I don't understand why people can't just watch the item then spam bids in the last 15 seconds

I've had this idea to upgrade my PC but people called me an asshole for selling stuff for more than it's worth...

:) Guess who's an asshole now! Not you OP, the other people calling me an asshole.

The guy you quoted didn't tag Linus properly and only tagged slick, it's usually easier to tag slick, linus and nick since they'll eventually see it.

This post, the second one on the thread, already tagged them correctly, which makes the two other ones I quoted redundant. I am just pointing this out because they have said before that we should refrain from doing it, since they get spammed with notifications, which is very annoying.

Chill out man.

Huh?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

My parents get pissed at me when I spend a lot on stuff like gaming pcs, so every year before I move home after spring semester I sell my machine for $100 more than I spent on it.  I just keep the HD and save the cash and rebuild the next year.  I've done it twice already.

Cool!