Theory: Jar Jar Binks was a Sith Lord? What do you think?

Alir

Oh and the Jedi did not kill Plagueis. Sidious did.

30 mins ago you were trying to tell me that Plagueis was Jar Jar, now you're saying Sidious did kill him? Jesus Christ... Consistency goes a long way, especially when you're trying to prove even the dumbest of theories...

I have seen this video before, and it does bring up a lot of really interesting points.

Thing is, I still doubt Jar Jar was a Sith lord.

To counter some of the people here first, there can actually be more than two Sith, and "Sith" was actually a race, not an ideology, back in the history of Star Wars. The Sith were wiped out in an ancient war, and the modern "Sith" just carry their proverbial flame. Anyone can do that, not just the ones we know about. We see proof of this several times throughout canon materials... They just were not labeled as "Sith." They were referred to as "Force Sensitive" users of the dark-side, much like undiscovered children (Anakin before Episode I.) Just because they have no training or title does not mean they cannot exist. Palpatine himself was training Darth Maul while he was still serving under Darth Plagueis. Then, of course, there are the "canon" video games, which explore a number of deviations from the "Always two there are" theory.

Now, I DO believe Jar Jar was intended to be a much more important character for the prequels than we got to see. He does seem to be in important places at just the right times, and the argument about his having force abilities is intriguing. I just think that that role was not to be the mastermind, but as another puppet for Sidious (Palpatine) in his plot to overthrow the republic. Sidious never planned to wipe out every planet, and I highly doubt he would sentence Naboo to demise if he could help it. He knew that the Naboo people could not mount a proper defense against the Trade Federation without the Gungans' help, so I think he sent Jar Jar in to ingratiate himself with the Jedi and forge the alliance we see near the end of the movie. I am sure that his responsibilities continued to expand after his blunderiung style was so spectacularly successful. Palpatine would have recognized the value in keeping Jar Jar in a position of influence over the Gungans, which explains the move to Senator from Naboo.

Continuing this thinking into the next two films, I can see Jar Jar possibly being the one who discovered Palpatine's secret and outing him to the Jedi order instead of having the odd flip-flopping that we saw in Anakin... Where he was first kind of receptive, and then betrays Palpatine by informing the council, and finally agreeing to become a Sith. Jar Jar's role could have been crucially important for igniting the rebellion, rather than it just popping up out of nowhere in the Rebels cartoons, because he would have been able to keep the Republic officials that were in hiding stuck together in some way. Keep in mind that Luke and Leia were separated at birth, and Leia was raised as a princess. If the Jedi Council had never gotten the chance to inform Palpatine that Jar Jar was the one who told them about him being a Sith, then Palpatine would have left Jar Jar to his own devices once the Republic was officially desolved. Jar Jar would have gone back to Naboo, only to once again be ousted from the Gungan civilization because he no longer served a purpose for them, and his only friend left would have been Leia's adoptive father, Bail Organa, on Alderaan.

~Cynical~

There's a lot of solid stuff in the theory, given the circumstance and even the actors stance I'm inclined to believe it.

though, about the master wizard thing being jar jar or w/e, its obvious during that movie that it was anakin, not jar jar

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

From George Lucas' comments at the time of the prequels, it seems apparent that Jar-Jar was a badly implemented attempt at a comic relief character. I don't hate the idea of making it a plot twist in the new movies, but I'm not convinced that there's proof in the existing movies. Most of the proof in the linked videos seems like an attempt to explain continuity errors and half-baked character motivations/actions.

Except without Jar Jar being a Sith, the prequels make little sense. Eg. How did Sidious know the gang was on Tatooine?

Also, when Jar Jar Qui Gon and Obi Wan were underwater swimming in a swimming car, Jar Jar passes out, taking over the bigger fish to eat the smaller fish.

When he wakes up me mumbles what just so happens to be Qui Gons next words to Obi Wan.

And not to mention Jar Jar who was supposed to be loyal to Qui Gon and Obi Wan, sides with the Chancellor to give him emergency powers.

From George Lucas' comments at the time of the prequels, it seems apparent that Jar-Jar was a badly implemented attempt at a comic relief character. I don't hate the idea of making it a plot twist in the new movies, but I'm not convinced that there's proof in the existing movies. Most of the proof in the linked videos seems like an attempt to explain continuity errors and half-baked character motivations/actions.

I disagree. I think the prequels were SUPPOSED to have Jar Jar as a Sith but the new movies I doubt will. It seems like Lucas scrapped the idea but by that point, he already had scenes with Jar Jar as a protagonist. So he played along as an almost Easter Egg for future fans to figure out.

But yeah I don't think Jar Jar will play a role in the new movies unless he is Snoke.

30 mins ago you were trying to tell me that Plagueis was Jar Jar, now you're saying Sidious did kill him? Jesus Christ... Consistency goes a long way, especially when you're trying to prove even the dumbest of theories...

There are two explanations to this THEORY, a theory which was scrapped by Lucas so it isn't officially canon.

1) Plagueis survived and didn't tell Sidious so instead manipulated events behind the scenes using the force in favour of the Sith and secretly gaining more power himself with the dark side. Though this doesn't explain why Sidious in a deleted scene thanked Jar Jar. Or how Sidious found out the gang was on Tatooine.

2) After Plagueis came back, he made a truce with Sidious and instead they worked together.

Note this is merely my own speculation. I believe a proper explanation by Lucas would have been made had his 40 year old toddler fans not cried about Jar Jar.

I have seen this video before, and it does bring up a lot of really interesting points.

Thing is, I still doubt Jar Jar was a Sith lord.

To counter some of the people here first, there can actually be more than two Sith, and "Sith" was actually a race, not an ideology, back in the history of Star Wars. The Sith were wiped out in an ancient war, and the modern "Sith" just carry their proverbial flame. Anyone can do that, not just the ones we know about. We see proof of this several times throughout canon materials... They just were not labeled as "Sith." They were referred to as "Force Sensitive" users of the dark-side, much like undiscovered children (Anakin before Episode I.) Just because they have no training or title does not mean they cannot exist. Palpatine himself was training Darth Maul while he was still serving under Darth Plagueis. Then, of course, there are the "canon" video games, which explore a number of deviations from the "Always two there are" theory.

Now, I DO believe Jar Jar was intended to be a much more important character for the prequels than we got to see. He does seem to be in important places at just the right times, and the argument about his having force abilities is intriguing. I just think that that role was not to be the mastermind, but as another puppet for Sidious (Palpatine) in his plot to overthrow the republic. Sidious never planned to wipe out every planet, and I highly doubt he would sentence Naboo to demise if he could help it. He knew that the Naboo people could not mount a proper defense against the Trade Federation without the Gungans' help, so I think he sent Jar Jar in to ingratiate himself with the Jedi and forge the alliance we see near the end of the movie. I am sure that his responsibilities continued to expand after his blunderiung style was so spectacularly successful. Palpatine would have recognized the value in keeping Jar Jar in a position of influence over the Gungans, which explains the move to Senator from Naboo.

Continuing this thinking into the next two films, I can see Jar Jar possibly being the one who discovered Palpatine's secret and outing him to the Jedi order instead of having the odd flip-flopping that we saw in Anakin... Where he was first kind of receptive, and then betrays Palpatine by informing the council, and finally agreeing to become a Sith. Jar Jar's role could have been crucially important for igniting the rebellion, rather than it just popping up out of nowhere in the Rebels cartoons, because he would have been able to keep the Republic officials that were in hiding stuck together in some way. Keep in mind that Luke and Leia were separated at birth, and Leia was raised as a princess. If the Jedi Council had never gotten the chance to inform Palpatine that Jar Jar was the one who told them about him being a Sith, then Palpatine would have left Jar Jar to his own devices once the Republic was officially desolved. Jar Jar would have gone back to Naboo, only to once again be ousted from the Gungan civilization because he no longer served a purpose for them, and his only friend left would have been Leia's adoptive father, Bail Organa, on Alderaan.

Oh crap that is an interesting way to look at it.

Jar Jar was not Plagueis but just a pawn.

Or maybe he was Plagueis but after his cheating death incident, he agrees to be Sidious' apprentice. Not sure if that ever happened in the Star Wars universe?

Oh crap that is an interesting way to look at it.

Jar Jar was not Plagueis but just a pawn.

Or maybe he was Plagueis but after his cheating death incident, he agrees to be Sidious' apprentice. Not sure if that ever happened in the Star Wars universe?

No, I don't see a master ever going back to the position of apprentice. One can (supposedly) only become the Master after killing the previous one. That part remains solid throughout everything I have seen from canon materials... There is only one guy at the top, and he is always replaced by his personal apprentice after death or being murdered by the apprentice.

I think Plagueis is actually dead dead.

~Cynical~

i am actually convinced. This would've been a ba story for 7,8&9, holy cow!

You have been enlightened padawan.

You shall never see the prequels in the same light again. :D

No, I don't see a master ever going back to the position of apprentice. One can (supposedly) only become the Master after killing the previous one. That part remains solid throughout everything I have seen from canon materials... There is only one guy at the top, and he is always replaced by his personal apprentice after death or being murdered by the apprentice.

That's also quite possible.

Man the prequels need to be remade now.

Thinking about that a bit further, I think it is actually far more plausible that Jar Jar was an apprentice of Sidious. Had Sidious been the apprentice of the clumsy Jar Jar, it would paint Sidious in the original trilogy as being more insignificant (as we would see him less as a mastermind and more as a pawn).

And Jar Jar turning in Sidious would have made more sense than Anakin turning him in and then saving him. That part painted Anakin as a much more feeble Jedi than he really was. Considering that his betraying Sidious in the 6th movie redeemed him and allowed him to appear in ghost form. Dunno why you'd wana do that in the first place but yeah.

So as Jar Jar and Sidious were on the same planet, Sidious merely trained him.

That's also quite possible.

Man the prequels need to be remade now.

Agreed.

• Remove all traces of mitichloreans (or however that fake word is supposed to be spelled.)
  • Cast an older Anakin for the first movie, like around 12 or 13, so he can be a little more mature, and make it possible to cast a more realistic successor for Episode II.
  • Bring back Lucas' original ideas for Jar Jar... Or mine... I like mine. lol
  • Cast a younger Padme, so that relationship doesn't seem so forced.
  • Retain most of the other cast-members (where possible.)
  • Make the Anakin/Padme romance scenes less ridiculous... I mean, come on, any Rom-Com writer could be brought in to do it right.
  • Make the Jedi actually admit that Anakin DID fulfill the prophecy... 10,000 (estimated) Jedi and (at most we've ever seen) 3-4 Sith does not make balance!!

Thinking about that a bit further, I think it is actually far more plausible that Jar Jar was an apprentice of Sidious. Had Sidious been the apprentice of the clumsy Jar Jar, it would paint Sidious in the original trilogy as being more insignificant (as we would see him less as a mastermind and more as a pawn).

And Jar Jar turning in Sidious would have made more sense than Anakin turning him in and then saving him. That part painted Anakin as a much more feeble Jedi than he really was. Considering that his betraying Sidious in the 6th movie redeemed him and allowed him to appear in ghost form. Dunno why you'd wana do that in the first place but yeah.

So as Jar Jar and Sidious were on the same planet, Sidious merely trained him.

Jar Jar doesn't even need any training, really. He could just be a natural, and simply have Palpatine discover him randomly at some point to start all this in motion.

~Cynical~

Agreed.

• Remove all traces of mitichloreans (or however that fake word is supposed to be spelled.)
  • Cast an older Anakin for the first movie, like around 12 or 13, so he can be a little more mature, and make it possible to cast a more realistic successor for Episode II.
  • Bring back Lucas' original ideas for Jar Jar... Or mine... I like mine. lol
  • Cast a younger Padme, so that relationship doesn't seem so forced.
  • Retain most of the other cast-members (where possible.)
  • Make the Anakin/Padme romance scenes less ridiculous... I mean, come on, any Rom-Com writer could be brought in to do it right.
  • Make the Jedi actually admit that Anakin DID fulfill the prophecy... 10,000 (estimated) Jedi and (at most we've ever seen) 3-4 Sith does not make balance!!

Jar Jar doesn't even need any training, really. He could just be a natural, and simply have Palpatine discover him randomly at some point to start all this in motion.

4VfTtwh.gif

Maybe Jar Jar really was a clumsy individual who just so happened to be strong enough with the force that he subconsciously was able to "get lucky" by firing blasters without pressing the trigger.

So he wasn't really a Sith mastermind.

That's what I fear. But then it doesn't make sense. You go back through Star Wars watching Jar Jar scenes and it's blatantly obvious Jar Jar is using the force. And yet it won't be officially canon

Right they replaced his ass with count fuckboi

Intel i7-4790 | Gigabyte z97x G7 | MSI 980TI | G.Skill Ripjaw Sniper 32GB 2400Mhz | Segate 2TB SSHD/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

4VfTtwh.gif

Well, now that Disney is in control... The Marvel-side will be strong with the franchise. Maybe we can hope for a reboot?

~Cynical~

Maybe Jar Jar really was a clumsy individual who just so happened to be strong enough with the force that he subconsciously was able to "get lucky" by firing blasters without pressing the trigger.

So he wasn't really a Sith mastermind.

Just like Anakin was able to be the only human pod-racer...

~Cynical~