ps3

Amazingx

Hello so i own ps3 superslim model CECH 4204C and i want to know are there any issues in model like mine. I have read that they have bad hdd and what about mine model. Cause of hdd it makes frames drops. I didnt experienced them yet but i want to know ur opinion about hdd in the model. Are there any issues at  my model. Pls help. I didnt experience freezing and dat mine ps just shuts down. Is hdd same as old ps3 models like fat and just slim?

Cause of hdd it makes frames drops.

Never heard of an HDD causing frame drops. That makes no snese whatsoever.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

My sister has a ps3 superslim 500gb...hard drive started ticking away after like 6 months...started to freeze and overheat 5 months after the HDD started ticking...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

well ps3 is bought 2014 idk in which mount dads friend bought it and then he was selling it so i bough it in 2015 before 3 weeks. And i didnt experienced dat so it was old almost 2 years and nothung. Guy played only 100 mins cause he could not play it cause of job

Well hdd dont like being moved around esp when its in operation. Maybe there was an accident or maybe just an lemon hdd.

Does the ps3 have enough air flow going thru it?

the hard drive isnt going to effect framerate whoever told you that doesnt know what they are talking about. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

dude i have big shelf with tv and there is open space behind and in front of playstation 3.

I heard dat superslim models have cheap hdd and cause of it game just freezes and ps3 can turn of by itself

Then why did you buy it?

can the new hdd make the game freezes or only one that is close to dying

can the new hdd make the game freezes or only one that is close to dying

and quote someone when you want to someone, otherwise we can`t really see it

to game or not to game, that`s the question

well man do you want to answer the question or teachj me about how to quote man its important. Will the new one work ok with games and will the dying one make game freezes or?

How can we know? Maybe your ps3 will never have a problem,or maybe it will die tomorrow

well man do you want to answer the question or teachj me about how to quote man its important. Will the new one work ok with games and will the dying one make game freezes or?

I don`t have a lot of knowledge about the PS3, I`m just helping you how to get around on this forum, because when you don`t follow some rules, you won`t be helped.

So when you don`t quote someone, they won`t even see it, which isn`t what you want I suppose

to game or not to game, that`s the question

The 4204C is horrible. Been known to catch fire and such because the HDD drops frames causing the console to not power off by itself. Either return it or buy a new one.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

The 4204C is horrible. Been known to catch fire and such because the HDD drops frames causing the console to not power off by itself. Either return it or buy a new one.

well now u say that but my hdd didnt cause fps drops when i played resident evil 5 gold edition,revelations 2 or sleeping dogs so...

well now u say that but my hdd didnt cause fps drops when i played resident evil 5 gold edition,revelations 2 or sleeping dogs so...

Honestly I was joking. I had 5 PS3s at one point. They don't last very long. My oldest PS3 lasted almost 2 years. It was the OG PS3(fatboy). My 2nd longest I had to pull the blu ray drive out and clean the lens for it to read discs less than 6 months old. Then I got a yellow light at about one year so replaced the thermal paste. Would still freeze up but worked 60% of the time. Ended up getting a new one. Played it for 4 months then built a PC and never looked back.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

well my friend has ps3 fat one about 4 years 320gb and i honestly dont think that fat one hdds  could be better than  hdd in the superslims versions since they are newer and hdds were new

well my friend has ps3 fat one about 4 years 320gb and i honestly dont think that fat one hdds  could be better than  hdd in the superslims versions since they are newer and hdds were new

We don't do cable/satellite so our PS3 was the center of our living room. It ran netflix during the day for my kids, gaming at night and netflix/bluray again before bed. Basically only downtime was while we slept. So they died. If you only game an hour or two a day and double that on weekends, you can expect it to last longer. They did release a PS4 a few years ago. May look into that as an option. But I'd recommend just building a PC and leave the kiddie console on the closet shelf.

i hear that after i buyed it but arent hdds same in evry model mine is 500gb

Should of bought the extended warranty.

If you are that worried take it back.

We don't do cable/satellite so our PS3 was the center of our living room. It ran netflix during the day for my kids, gaming at night and netflix/bluray again before bed. Basically only downtime was while we slept. So they died. If you only game an hour or two a day and double that on weekends, you can expect it to last longer. They did release a PS4 a few years ago. May look into that as an option. But I'd recommend just building a PC and leave the kiddie console on the closet shelf.

My friend is maniac he would play 24 hours at day but he has  job so he cant. So he spends time about playing it about 10 hours almost.

So walking dead season 1 and season 2 season pass is on sale im considering walking dead season 1 season pass its my favourite. Will i get all 5 episodes?. Are they full episodes or just trial versions of episode.  My friend told me full episodes for less money cause we waited long for. Is that true?

i cant help you with this but just a tip rareley anyone is on at this time

Might want to write a more descriptive title if you want people with the right knowledge to reply to you.

Anyway, it should say on the store page, but on PC it's always in a single package, so I assume it is on PS3 as well. Not 100% sure though.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

So walking dead season 1 and season 2 season pass is on sale im considering walking dead season 1 season pass its my favourite. Will i get all 5 episodes?. Are they full episodes or just trial versions of episode.  My friend told me full episodes for less money cause we waited long for. Is that true? Sorry for reposting i need help really fast cause i will probably considering buying it now so i need to know?

If you purchase the Walking Dead Season Pass you will get all 5 episodes.

The first episode is free anyway (or it was when I played) and the subsequent episodes are DLC which, like any DLC, can be paid for in bulk via the season pass.

So, buy it. Enjoy it. It's a great game.