Stupid AMD fan not on auto!

InfernalSurge

I have a MSI R9 380 4GB and FX-8320. In Afterburner, you know that little green dot that says "Auto" beside it under Fan Speed? Well, whenever my PC wakes from sleep, that little green thing gets unchecked WITHOUT ME TOUCHING IT and my GPU fans aren't on auto anymore. Strangely though, even if it doesn't say the fans are on Auto, they seem to be still running when I look inside my case while in-game. What the actual ****?! What am I supposed to believe?! I'm using the pathetic Crimson 15.12 drivers and I've done countless reinstalls of it, even used DDU to make sure the driver installation is not corrupt. I am so confused and frustrated at AMD's joke of a driver. Any help is appreciated. I have attached a picture of my issue. 

post-289797-0-46669800-1452380737.png

Have you tried reinstalling afterburner?

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

sounds stupid, but did you hit apply when you pressed the auto fan speed control button?

also yeah, they will be running when you're playing games... it needs to stay cool...

Thanks for replying. I mashed apply so many times :C This is really stupid, AMD needs to get their trash driver fixed. However, even when Afterburner says it's not on auto, my GPU still runs cool, like at 67 degrees C in Witcher 3... I've only ran it for a couple of minutes though, maybe my card would heat up if I played longer. 

Update to the latest drivers, this is a known issue for 15.12 drivers

What? I thought this fan issue was fixed in 15.12. I believe 15.12 is the newest driver, if you don't count the 16.1 hotfix. 

Have you tried reinstalling afterburner?

Can't remember how many times I've restarted my PC to reinstall afterburner ;_; 

in this case it sounds like a conflict between crimson and afterburner as to "who can do what"

I really hope that's the case, but I'm still scared that my GPU will hit 96 degrees when I'm playing a game. That happened twice already (two weeks ago using the same 15.12), and now I always have Afterburner's OSD running in-game. Still, AMD or MSI needs to sort this out. Do you think using the 16.1 hotfix might help? 

that's where my knowledge fails, as i run a 970

Lucky, if AMD doesn't fix their pathetic drivers in the future, I am switching to Nvidia lol. 

Lucky, if AMD doesn't fix their pathetic drivers in the future, I am switching to Nvidia lol. 

'Pathetic drivers' 16.1 counts as an update and get those and why not just make a custom fan curve if it bothers you that much, a little green dot?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

'Pathetic drivers' 16.1 counts as an update and get those and why not just make a custom fan curve if it bothers you that much, a little green dot?

I have a custom fan curve, but even with the custom curve selected, that little green dot isn't on auto. If it isn't on auto, the fan just stays at one speed. I'll try the 16.1 drivers. 

It looks like Afterburner is clashing with the driver. Afterburner says the fan is not on auto, but it is actually spinning at 1100-1200 RPM in Witcher 3 and temps were 67 C max. I was using NZXT's Cam software OSD to monitor. After I reopened Afterburner, it said fans are on auto again without me touching anything. So I guess it is an Afterburner glitch that says the fans aren't on auto when they actually are...