I need helpintosh (Hackintosh probs)

Jacktastic-Mofo
Go to solution Solved by Jacktastic-Mofo,

So, I ran without dedicated GPU's, and used tags -x -v and was able to get to the install!

post-168944-0-71974100-1452231958_thumb.

Hey guys, so I've gotten bored and decided I wanted to dual boot- I've followed everything in TonyMacX86's guide for installing OSX so far I keep getting crashes / freezing. I've tried already using these tags

• -v
  • -x
  • -nv_disable=1
  • -memmax4096

and I'm constantly getting this error-

(for those who can't see it in the screen shot "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef88098809, bits changed 0x56a436e6, at offset of 48 of 64 in element 0xffffff801d7ded"
post-168944-0-69648900-1452227734_thumb.

Any ideas?

My specs are-

i5-4690k

Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5

16GB's DDR3

240GB SSD

1TB HDD

GTX 960 SLI

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Well theres an apple on the screen... you got closer than I did... Gratz, for what its worth. lol

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Well theres an apple on the screen... you got closer than I did... Gratz, for what its worth. lol

I had OSX installed on this system once before. Don't know whats different this time around.

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

Well, the apple on the screen is the whole point of apple products

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Have you tried posting on the TonyMacX86 forums? Those people know their stuff. I read posts from them and get lost in the complexity sometimes haha

so are you getting stuck at the installer or the bootup? what OS X are you trying to install?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Well, the apple on the screen is the whole point of apple products

That, and the software. The price to performance of their hardware might suck, but I love OSX.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Have you tried posting on the TonyMacX86 forums? Those people know their stuff. I read posts from them and get lost in the complexity sometimes haha

so are you getting stuck at the installer or the bootup? what OS X are you trying to install?

I wanted to try here first, and I was gonna post on there next.

I'm stuck at the bootup, right before you get into installing.

On the other hand, maybe you can turn this into a video explaining how you hackintoshed, assuming you figure it out.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I wanted to try here first, and I was gonna post on there next.

I'm stuck at the bootup, right before you get into installing.

What OS X version are you trying to install? What Bootloader are you using?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Mavericks w/ Multibeast

umm you mean Unibeast? 

Spoiler

Try installing from your integrated graphics. I just got El Capitan working on my hackintosh but imessage seems to be buggy.

Following, I wish had paid more attention while learning assembly, that's my one cent.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Try installing from your integrated graphics. I just got El Capitan working on my hackintosh but imessage seems to be buggy.

Okay, I'll try that now and report back.

Should I remove my GPU's while doing this?

Okay, I'll try that now and report back.

Should I remove my GPU's while doing this?

I did just so I could isolate the problem which for me, it was. After I got OSX to boot, I installed the latest Nvidia web drivers, rebooted, shut down my PC, installed my GPU and plugged my monitors into that and everything was good

there is a chance you corrupted the installation usb stick... happened to me when I tried once.

I'm honestly kind of clueless since you tried most of the flags, usually at least -x works... ill let other pro's handle this But I will follow to see if you solve it!

what happens when you verbose boot (-v) right before it kernel panics though? What is it loading that causes the panic?

Spoiler

Got past the crash, now the screen is at 1080p and I have the spin wheel of death. So progress.

Got past the crash, now the screen is at 1080p and I have the spin wheel of death. So progress.

Are you into the installation or past that?

Are you into the installation or past that?

Loading bar goes to mid way through the screen (more like 1/3rd) Then goes to this screen which would be where OSX Install stuff comes onto.

post-168944-0-36360900-1452230281_thumb.

sorry its blurry, the mouse is in the top left and I can move it around, however after about a second it becomes the spinwheel of death.

Loading bar goes to mid way through the screen (more like 1/3rd) Then goes to this screen which would be where OSX Install stuff comes onto.

attachicon.gifDSC_0025.JPG

sorry its blurry, the mouse is in the top left and I can move it around, however after about a second it becomes the spinwheel of death.

did you try bootflags this time?