Trying to use my Wii with an old tv and no remote...

Virtual01

So I have an old CRT TV in my house that has no remote. I'm trying to connect my wii to it so I can play Smash, but with no remote it's a huge pain.

When I turn the TV on it tried to scan for channels. It's not plugged in with cable so it finds nothing. From here my only options are to try that again, or to fiddle with the TV timer. I can stop the channel scan at any time by pressing the STOP button, but I have no idea what channel I'm supposed to stop on. Trying every single one would take hours because it has to count up slowly each time. I'm not free to just change the channel at any time, the only way is to stop it mid-scan.

Does anyone have an insight as to what channels to try? The model of the TV is a Panasonic PV-C2780 if that helps. The only controls on the front of the TV are power, volume +/-, channel +/-, play, stop, fast forward, rewind, REC, and timer. No menu button or anything like that.

Have a phone that has infrared? Use a remote app to swap inputs. IIRC if there are no input options it should be channel 3 on the tv.

Ours has separate video modes, just as new TVs have different inputs, but if that's not an option, try channel 3

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

normally old TVs go down below zero to "ext1" etc.

my old tv had a switch on the back that let me choose the channel 1.2, 3 or a channel called video, but Idk cant actually remember.