On board audio: Mini ITX vs Micro ATX

Alir

What is the on board audio like between the two? I understand there is practically no difference between Micro ATX and ATX. However would the on board audio be compromised on Mini ITX due to the small form factor?

Thanks

Depends on what mobo you are talking about. Some may have dedicated inbuilt sound chips

AMD FX-8350|8GB DDR3|GTX750TI|2TB HDD|CX-430 PSU|

What is the on board audio like between the two? I understand there is practically no difference between Micro ATX and ATX. However would the on board audio be compromised on Mini ITX due to the small form factor?

Thanks

Thats like asking is the air conditioning better on a compact or a sub-compact car.

You need to ask about SPECIFIC boards, not just a size of board.

When in doubt, re-format.

As long as the audio is properly isolated from the rest of the board, it should be just as good as its larger counterparts.

But as mentioned, it depends on the board.

Are you planning on doing work that's particularly sound sensitive like mixing or production?

Cause in those cases, you might want to consider the other options like an external DAC. And that remains true no matter what motherboard you're on.

---

Depends on the integrated audio solution. Some mITX boards may have better onboard audio than my ATX Extreme9 motherboard does, and others may have even better than those ones too.

Most will deliver decent quality for just casual listening and stuff like that. If you're into crazy audio production then the high-grade stuff is nice, but for that to have an effect you need good audio equipment. Otherwise it'll still sound terrible.