What antivirus should I get?

AllHokage
Go to solution Solved by noisebomb44,

I found this if you are interested in a more deep comparison

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

5 days left on my Bitfender subscription and I'm deciding whether I should subscribe for another year (had no problems) or If I should just stay with Windows defender as I've heard good stuff about it in the past months?

Might add this later...

Well the bitdefender subscription gives you a offer when you need to re purchase it.

So why not.

CommonSensetm AV is best AV

but yea windows defender with help from something like Malwarebytes will have you sorted, for free.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

Defender is great, doesn't bother you at all.

You can always just try it, and if it doesn't work for you get bitdefender back.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I'm using Windows Defender that comes with Windows 10 and doing scans with Malwarebytes from time to time. Not sure if Windows Defender is good, because I've never had a virus. :D

Paying for an anti-virus is not worth it for normal users imo.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

If you download a lot of torrents, or if bitdefender has cought a lot of viruses on your computer, then you should probably buy a license for annother year off of G2A where its really cheap

15 euro for internet security VS the on sale price on their website of 38.97 euro

https://www.g2a.com/bitdefender-internet-security-2016-1-pc-1-year-global.html

OR

you could get 6 months for free

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/60-second/

Although keep in mind that this version doesnt have all the features that the real deal has

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Just Windows Defender in combination with Malwarebytes.

Heard running two antivirus at once is bad and will hit on performance.

Might add this later...

If you download a lot of torrents, or if bitdefender has cought a lot of viruses on your computer, then you should probably buy a license for annother year off of G2A where its really cheap

15 euro for internet security VS the on sale price on their website of 38.97 euro

https://www.g2a.com/bitdefender-internet-security-2016-1-pc-1-year-global.html

OR

you could get 6 months for free

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/60-second/

Although keep in mind that this version doesnt have all the features that the real deal has

Money isn't an issue here, I'm after something what will protect my computer and has very low performance impact.

Might add this later...

Money isn't an issue here, I'm after something what will protect my computer and has very low performance impact.

according to this bitdefender scored the best, and ive heard that it has the lowest performance impact, and from my own experience, that is true, especially if you compare it to norton, were i got lag spikes from time to time when it started a scan using like 4 of my 4 CPU cores on my old CPU making the machine useless for a few minutes

Bitdefender seems to only scan when you are afk, or when you do it yourself, and it only takes 140 MB of ram, while i think norton took around 300 MB, although it was a long time ago since i used it

Heard running two antivirus at once is bad and will hit on performance.

Malwarebytes isn't actively running all the time so it's ok.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

trend Micro is my protection. Its good at just keeping your computer clean and fast and it can bother you as little or as much as you like. 

I'm here to help people and have fun. Feel free to chat! 

i5 6500

Asus Z170-AR 

Saphhire Nitro 380X

Hyper X Fury Black 16gb (2x8gb) 2133

If your not torrenting then you really don't need a anti-virus at all. 

Just use Malwarebytes for general scanning and get Web of Trust/Adblock for your web browser and then use general common sense.

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

here is a graph i found on my old link

post-87038-0-56265000-1452159189.png

As you can see they are all pretty close security wise

here is a graph i found on my old link

attachicon.gifbandicam 2016-01-07 10-32-41-645.png

As you can see they are all pretty close security wise

Might go with Bit-fender again then, knew it was the best overall option, but thought it was just paid advertisement reviews. 

Might add this later...

CommonSensetm AV is best AV

but yea windows defender with help from something like Malwarebytes will have you sorted, for free.

If your not torrenting then you really don't need a anti-virus at all. 

Just use Malwarebytes for general scanning and get Web of Trust/Adblock for your web browser and then use general common sense.

While you don't need any extra security because you don't do any important work on your pc, doesn't mean others are the same.

In every thread about av I see the same stupid answers and the worse is people actually listen to this.

Go read about all the ways you can get infected and tell me how common sense will protect you from something like the puush virus update.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

While you don't need any extra security because you don't do any important work on your pc, doesn't mean others are the same.

In every thread about av I see the same stupid answers and the worse is people actually listen to this.

Go read about all the ways you can get infected and tell me how common sense will protect you from something like the puush virus update.

Well I haven't had anti-virus for about 4 years now. I seriously haven't had one infection since then.

After been on the internet for about 15 years and going through so many bloody viruses and clicking dodgy links its just general things you know not to click on.

If you've got a business or important documents then sure, anti-virus is a good protection to have. But for general home computer use? Not really. 

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

Agreed, I know what I do and for what it's worth paid antivirus is the best option. Guess people can't accept it and hate on paid for whatever reason and say that free is better, gave it to much thought.

Might add this later...