ASRock X99 Extreme11 Takes forever to Boot

ImInjured

I have an ASRock X99 Extreme 11 and a Samsung 850 Pro SSD with windows 10.

The boot time is very slow because it shows this long screen of it loading all of my SSDs and HDDs or something. Any ideas on how to skip all of that. It even happens in "fast boot" mode.

how many SSDs and HDDs do you have??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hdd 1 ssd

make sure they are plugged into the native intel sata ports and disable 3rd party sata drivers in the UEFI

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Found a guide on this forum for the ASUS x99 boards, maybe it can help you. I dont have any experience with the platform personally so this is the best advice i can give.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/447495-fix-for-slow-boot-issue-of-asus-x-99-motherboards/

When in doubt, re-format.

Found a guide on this forum for the ASUS x99 boards, maybe it can help you. I dont have any experience with the platform personally so this is the best advice i can give.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/447495-fix-for-slow-boot-issue-of-asus-x-99-motherboards/

No luck.

First, it just sits on the bios screen loading my HDD and SSD, then it goes to the ASRock page, then it loads Windows. I underlined what is taking the longest. No matter the settings it still loads the drives and it takes ages. So annoying takes at least 30 seconds to get past it.

Try updating the BIOS or simply reinstall the existing bios (if no new ones available) via update. And see if it fixes your issue.

I have an ASRock X99 Extreme 11 and a Samsung 850 Pro SSD with windows 10.

The boot time is very slow because it shows this long screen of it loading all of my SSDs and HDDs or something. Any ideas on how to skip all of that. It even happens in "fast boot" mode.

How slow are we talking about? 10 seconds or 30?

Are you running RAID mode or standard AHCI?

How slow are we talking about? 10 seconds or 30?

Are you running RAID mode or standard AHCI?

We're talking 45 seconds. Ahci

We're talking 45 seconds. Ahci

Somehow it probably has trouble detecting your drives.. or you mobo try detecting a disk that not there.

Try disabling all you sata ports which have no drives connected to it.

Somehow it probably has trouble detecting your drives.. or you mobo try detecting a disk that not there.

Try disabling all you sata ports which have no drives connected to it.

No luck.

The screen it shows says :

LSI Corporation MPi sas3 bios