Test a CPU

Hi. I need to test that a CPU and fan I have works before trying to sell it. However, I have no LGA1150 motherboard to test it with. Are there any places that would do this at all? I'm in the UK

My current laptop: HP Compaq Presario CQ62

Maybe a PC repair shop?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

a PC repair store

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

A computer store might.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

no

Ever heard of a PC repair shop?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Hi. I need to test that a CPU and fan I have works before trying to sell it. However, I have no LGA1150 motherboard to test it with. Are there any places that would do this at all? I'm in the UK

A friend?

Rig: 5950X | ROG VIII Formula | 6900XT
Laptop: 5900HX | 6800M | 16GB

yes, but why would they do such a thing? they would have to invest in all kinds of mobos and swap them out if someone came to test a cpu

I work in PC sales/repairs/business services and we keep motherboards from the past few generations (up to H55) in stock.

There are many reasons to keep boards in stock besides testing someones CPU.

yes, but why would they do such a thing? they would have to invest in all kinds of mobos and swap them out if someone came to test a cpu

Any shop worth their salt will have a test bench, and if a repair shop doesn't have a current generation motherboard handy, you should probably steer away from them anyway. 

Even I have a spare LGA1150 motherboard...

Just sell it. CPUs don't die.. If the owner was clever enough to put it correct in the socket and cool it firmly.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Even I have a spare LGA1150 motherboard...

Pretty much anyone who has ever gotten shafted by the MB RMA process has 1-2 of various generations lying around.  :angry: