Cheapest GPU for 4K 6hz media streaming

henrikfraannk
Go to solution Solved by Xenift,

I think you just found the graphics card you need.

Hi guys

What would you suggest as the cheapest gpu for 4k streaming? No games or anything, just movies and stuff? I know content most likely will be full hd, and in 30hz, but my UHD tv supports 60hz so i would like the oppotunity.. I have been looking at GTX950 but would like to know if there was anything cheaper? Maybe with a very quiet cooler?

Thanks

maybe a 750ti will do also a good job

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Deja Vu?

I could have sworn someone ask this exact same question yesterday.

Answer is the same otherwise, GTX950 is the way to go.

Hi guys

What would you suggest as the cheapest gpu for 4k streaming? No games or anything, just movies and stuff? I know content most likely will be full hd, and in 30hz, but my UHD tv supports 60hz so i would like the oppotunity.. I have been looking at GTX950 but would like to know if there was anything cheaper? Maybe with a very quiet cooler?

Thanks

AMD R9 380.

Deja Vu?

I could have sworn someone ask this exact same question yesterday.

Answer is the same otherwise, GTX950 is the way to go.

Haha was thinking the same

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

The mini-hdmi on the 750Ti might not support 4k.

Maybe you can get a secondhand GTX 680 for cheaper than the new 950, it's also better.

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Maybe you can get a secondhand GTX 680 for cheaper than the new 950, it's also better.

It can only run 4k at 24hz.

AMD R9 380.

The AMD R9 is more expensive here in denmark.. And takes up more space.. Maybe a thing i forgot to mention, i dont have that much space..

AMD R9 380.

neither of these GPUs has HDMI 2.0

the cheapest GPU OP can buy is the GTX950

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The AMD R9 is more expensive here in denmark.. And takes up more space.. Maybe a thing i forgot to mention, i dont have that much space..

Although not a denmark website, something like this would work perfect?(http://www.microcenter.com/product/453264/GeForce_GTX_950_Superclocked_2GB_GDDR5_Video_Card)

neither of these GPUs has HDMI 2.0

the cheapest GPU OP can buy is the GTX950

Maybe you are right..

Tegra X1? I mean, why build an entire PC, when you can buy a console with HDMI 2.0 and whatever streaming you want. Specialy if you have an Nvidia desktop PC.

EDIT: for AMD GPU on your PC, you can use splashtop for the same effect as gamestreaming.

(Tegra X1 is currently available only in shield console)

I think a 750 Ti would work, but I'd strongly recommend a GTX 950 because it should be able to display 3 4k 60Hz displays while being cheap.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Although not a denmark website, something like this would work perfect?(http://www.microcenter.com/product/453264/GeForce_GTX_950_Superclocked_2GB_GDDR5_Video_Card)

In denmark MSI, ASUS, eVGA, etc. is almost the same price on the gtx 950, like 20-30$ difference.. Was thinking of the white MSI version, as I am very satisfied with my GTX950 from MSI, and other MSI products, but eVGA would also be a great deal.. What about asus?

http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/asus-gtx950-m-2gd5-2-gb-id-11522885.aspx?q=gtx+950

I think a 750 Ti would work, but I'd strongly recommend a GTX 950 because it should be able to display 3 4k 60Hz displays while being cheap.

The 750Ti is almost the same price as the GTX950 here in denmark, so i will proberbly stick to the newest one (gtx950) :)

In denmark MSI, ASUS, eVGA, etc. is almost the same price on the gtx 950, like 20-30$ difference.. Was thinking of the white MSI version, as I am very satisfied with my GTX950 from MSI, and other MSI products, but eVGA would also be a great deal.. What about asus?

http://www.edbpriser.dk/grafikkort/asus-gtx950-m-2gd5-2-gb-id-11522885.aspx?q=gtx+950

If MSI is an option, grab it without hesitation!

Tegra X1? I mean, why build an entire PC, when you can buy a console with HDMI 2.0 and whatever streaming you want. Specialy if you have an Nvidia desktop PC.

Because i also need to run applications only a regular PC can run.. Have no experience with Nvidia desktop PC but i dont think it is available here in denmark.. And i have an existing pc for the purpose.. I just need a GPU :) 

Don't buy the 750ti, it doesn't have HDMI 2.0 -> 4K@30hz

Like in my link, i think i am going for the GTX950 from msi :)

It can only run 4k at 24hz.

The GTX 680 can run 4096x2160 at 60 hertz, using Displayport (look it up on the Nvidia site, at the bottom, the 4th grey text point thingy)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

The GTX 680 can run 4096x2160 at 60 hertz, using Displayport (look it up on the Nvidia site, at the bottom, the 4th grey text point thingy)

Sorry, my mistake, but i need it to be HDMI 2.0.. I think we can conclude the gtx 950 is the best solution for me :)