Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Just got some new key caps for my CM Storm Quickfire TK (Reds)

Got some orange blanks from WASDkeyboards to match the colour of my case. I was at first a bit worried to how the LED's would look through them but they turned out far better than I thought they would.

img1547xq.jpg

img1552ew.jpg

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I already know i'm definitely not going back to the squishyness of membrane :D

OMG THIS LOOKS SO BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Did anyone tried topre switches? they are awesome to type on!

OMG THIS LOOKS SO BADASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) thank you. Yeah it looks even better in person. Still need to get a few more keycaps for the escape key and function keys. A custom space bar might be nice too.

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

Using my G710+ and I am pretty impressed with the software and the lighting on the keyboard. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just got some new key caps for my CM Storm Quickfire TK (Reds)

Got some orange blanks from WASDkeyboards to match the colour of my case. I was at first a bit worried to how the LED's would look through them but they turned out far better than I thought they would.

This is my first mechanical keyboard and I already know i'm definitely not going back to the squishyness of membrane :D

That looks pretty nice! especially if it matches your rig!

Though I'm not a fan of the regular caps on the wasd keys, should just all be orange imo.. :)

Sorry dude... :ph34r: I'll try and cut down the comments :)

I think this image applys here :3

Thanks ;) you can reaply to every single comment ofcourse, just use multi quote or edit.. :)

If you type more than you game then go for blue. If game more than you type then go for browns. IMO, if you have people around you with sensitive ears then go for browns. They're much quieter than blues. Good luck.

I really dont mind gaming on blues, I actually like it quite alot, but I probably do type more than I game though.. 

Hey, what do you guys think of the Storm Trigger Cherry Green? Worth getting? Is it hard to find?

I havent seen that model in particular, but my Ducky has greens on the modifier keys, and I really like it! I'm going to make a custom keyboard with all greens when I recieve it.. :)

(Comming soon)

That looks pretty nice! especially if it matches your rig!

Though I'm not a fan of the regular caps on the wasd keys, should just all be orange imo.. :)

Yeah, when I first got them that's what I did. Seeing as I only ordered the 39 key-ISO set I didn't have anything to put on the number pad so it looked a bit bare. I plan on getting a few more keycaps soon so we will see how it turns out.

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

:) thank you. Yeah it looks even better in person. Still need to get a few more keycaps for the escape key and function keys. A custom space bar might be nice too.

How much did the custom keycaps cost you??

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

How much did the custom keycaps cost you??

I live in the UK and I bought them from WASDkeyboards which is an American site but it was still fairly cheap. Cost me $26 for the entire set which is £17 for me. It works out at 40-50p a keycap which I was happy with.

You can customise the keycaps too if you want with their online editor although that is a little bit more expensive.

I live in the UK and I bought them from WASDkeyboards which is an American site but it was still fairly cheap. Cost me $26 for the entire set which is £17 for me. It works out at 40-50p a keycap which I was happy with.

You can customise the keycaps too if you want with their online editor although that is a little bit more expensive.

That does seem like really good value :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Total of $26 including or excluding shipping???

CM Storm Quickfire Red... Not the switch I want, but it has the backlight I need. If there are any keyboard makers reading this that aren't Ducky, please make an MX Brown based keyboard with red backlight.  :(

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

CM Storm Quickfire Red... Not the switch I want, but it has the backlight I need. If there are any keyboard makers reading this that aren't Ducky, please make an MX Brown based keyboard with red backlight.  :(

What's the problem with Ducky?  :blink:

Total of $26 including or excluding shipping???

$26 including shipping. $19.99 for the keycaps, $6.55 for shipping. If you want to add text or engraved letters it's $6 more. There's quite a few colours to choose from too :)

I took a couple more picture of the keyboard last night to show you what the keycaps really look like with the LED's under them.

img1557nz.jpg

img1555s.jpg

What's the problem with Ducky?  :blink:

Overpriced, more expensive than more well made/ tougher keyboards (like indeed the Quickfire which is half the price and the same number of keys)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Ducky Shine 2 master race reporting in 

(blue switches with blue o-rings)

If you type more than you game then go for blue. If game more than you type then go for browns. IMO, if you have people around you with sensitive ears then go for browns. They're much quieter than blues. Good luck

Thanks , you helped so much

how long did the shipping take?

#!

6 days (Ordered Friday got on the Thursday) but bare in mind there was a weekend in the way.

I was using a K90 before, now I am using a K95,

Over 9000 times better than my old $10 dell keyboard! And it better be for the price! :D

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

$26 including shipping. $19.99 for the keycaps, $6.55 for shipping. If you want to add text or engraved letters it's $6 more. There's quite a few colours to choose from too :)

I took a couple more picture of the keyboard last night to show you what the keycaps really look like with the LED's under them.

img1557nz.jpg

img1555s.jpg

That sounds pretty cheap. And that just looks amazing XD Do you plan to order more keycaps?

That sounds pretty cheap. And that just looks amazing XD Do you plan to order more keycaps?

Yeah I definitely plan on buying some more keycaps but i'm not sure what yet. QWERkeys sell some quite nice ones and are a UK based company, I like their Lego heads keycaps. I also plan on getting a custom space bar, probably from WASDkeyboards again.

Overpriced, more expensive than more well made/ tougher keyboards (like indeed the Quickfire which is half the price and the same number of keys)

Tried both, and own the new Quickfire TK.  I differ on this view, the Ducky is worth the increase in price.  They are better on.....finish, base construction, lighting options and tactile feel and audible response using the same Cherry switches.  Hard to explain it

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

Tried both, and own the new Quickfire TK.  I differ on this view, the Ducky is worth the increase in price.  They are better on.....finish, base construction, lighting options and tactile feel and audible response using the same Cherry switches.  Hard to explain it

This is true, I have a couple of DS II, as well as a G2 Pro, also have a CM Quick Fire TK Cherry Blue. One of my DS II happens to be a Cherry Blue as well....the TK feels a tad rougher, more scratchy when compared to the DS II....kind of hard to define. You've got to own both to feel and hear the difference.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

This is true, I have a couple of DS II, as well as a G2 Pro, also have a CM Quick Fire TK Cherry Blue. One of my DS II happens to be a Cherry Blue as well....the TK feels a tad rougher, more scratchy when compared to the DS II....kind of hard to define. You've got to own both to feel and hear the difference.

I'm going to use the Limited Edition Quickfire TK I just got for a couple more weeks to break it in.  After that, if it's not to my liking I'll sit on it for a few months then put it up for sale.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps