Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Well the Ducky flexes like no tomorrow if you push at opposite corners and the Quickfire doesn't, so I don't know what planet you bought your Duckys.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well the Ducky flexes like no tomorrow if you push at opposite corners and the Quickfire doesn't, so I don't know what planet you bought your Duckys.

LOL....good luck on flexing a Shine II.  Tried it on my full size Shine II which is longer and should theoretically have more flex, it doesn't.  You can't flex it without destroying it and that would take a lot of force.  Perhaps you had some older units?  I'd believe it then.  But these Shine II are ridiculously stiff.

Gonna pick a third and final one up with Clear Switches all the way through out.  

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

There is no flex at all on my Ducky G2Pro! I don't know about CMs boards though. I really like the design of the Ducky boards, they are nice and simple, I'm really not a fan of the "rougher"/"gamer" looking design of CMs products.. :)

(Comming soon)

There is no flex at all on my Ducky G2Pro! I don't know about CMs boards though. I really like the design of the Ducky boards, they are nice and simple, I'm really not a fan of the "rougher"/"gamer" looking design of CMs products.. :)

I love the look of the white Quickfire TK model I just got.  Scratchy feel on the keys though and the space bar audible is bad.  Good board, just not a Ducky.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

I just ordered a new WASD board :)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Where and which Ducky keyboards did you buy?? You seem to have a major dissatisfaction with the quality of Ducky keyboards.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Where and which Ducky keyboards did you buy?? You seem to have a major dissatisfaction with the quality of Ducky keyboards.

Well, if you guys have read his post before, he said that ducky is overpriced in terms of quality compared to other well built keyboards.

Update:

Ducky DK9008 Shine II just arrived :D :D [MX Blue / Blue LED]

WASD Custom [MX Blue / White and Green keycaps]

Steelseries 6gv2 [MX Black]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Ooooooh, completely forgot about this! All the boards look awesome. I seriously need to update the OP (all the formatting has gone :(), might make a little gallery if that cool with you guys?

Ooooooh, completely forgot about this! All the boards look awesome. I seriously need to update the OP (all the formatting has gone :(), might make a little gallery if that cool with you guys?

Hoping to see laser/optical mice club too if it's possible. :)

Hoping to see laser/optical mice club too if it's possible. :)

That would be a little pointless since everybody has one. and mostly the same ones too. Atleast with KB's there is some customization in play.

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

That would be a little pointless since everybody has one. and mostly the same ones too. Atleast with KB's there is some customization in play.

Ah, screw me ><

:) yeaha

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

could you also make it a sticky?

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Planning on buying a filco ninja majestouch-2 TKL with browns.

I already own a steelseries 6GV2 with blacks but I am not a fan of typing on them and want to try browns.

Update:

Ducky DK9008 Shine II just arrived :D :D [MX Blue / Blue LED]

WASD Custom [MX Blue / White and Green keycaps]

Steelseries 6gv2 [MX Black]

Wow, first Ducky?  That's one heck of an order there.

Just got my Quickfire Rapid. Feels really nice. Cherry MX Black switches.

Just ordered my first mechanical keyboard and it comes tomorrow.  Not a bank buster, but it's a Ducky DK2108 Zero with red Cherry switches.  Good choice.....yes/no?

C64, MOS 6510 0.985MHz, 64kB RAM + 20kB ROM, 320x200 resolution, 16 colours! <----BEAT THAT! ;P

Just ordered my first mechanical keyboard and it comes tomorrow.  Not a bank buster, but it's a Ducky DK2108 Zero with red Cherry switches.  Good choice.....yes/no?

You won't regret.

If you've tried the red switch and liked it, hence you're buying it, then it's a good choice. Reds are great for FPS gaming, but you'd need a little adjustment period to get the typing part down. You'll notice that you'd tend to make more typos initially as Reds can be a tad sensitive, and with a 45g force needed to actuate the switch, it is pretty light. If you like Reds, don't let those who say you should have gotten a Blue or Brown get you down......switch types boils down to personal preference.

I'm on a mission to convert membrane KB users that I know personally, to mech KB users.....I've lent my Storm Trigger Red to my friend's son so that he can get the feel of mech goodness. Since he'd building a new rig soon, a mech KB should be on his list....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

If you've tried the red switch and liked it, hence you're buying it, then it's a good choice. Reds are great for FPS gaming, but you'd need a little adjustment period to get the typing part down. You'll notice that you'd tend to make more typos initially as Reds can be a tad sensitive, and with a 45g force needed to actuate the switch, it is pretty light. If you like Reds, don't let those who say you should have gotten a Blue or Brown get you down......switch types boils down to personal preference.

Was actually gonna get the same in Browns as well and swap it out for when I'm typing!  I've got some spare cash and fancy experimenting a little!  Tried them all switches out in various shops and friends' houses, bar the Greens, but thought a real world test is needed to see which ones I prefer over a longer period of time.

Only bought 1 mechanical keyboard, which I haven't even received yet, and can already see this being an addictive area...just hope my wallet can handle it!

C64, MOS 6510 0.985MHz, 64kB RAM + 20kB ROM, 320x200 resolution, 16 colours! <----BEAT THAT! ;P

You won't regret.

That's encouraging! ;)

Well, if you guys have read his post before, he said that ducky is overpriced in terms of quality compared to other well built keyboards.

I have never seen anyone complain about a Ducky keyboard other than this guy, which is why I'm asking where and which Ducky keyboard he got that makes him dislike them so much.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition