Would a blue yeti Microphone be ideal for me?

Ooxaz

Just to start off I want to say that I have been using teamspeak 3 with my friends for over 2 years now, it works well for gaming and just generally talking about stuff, I have no knowledge what so ever

when it comes to audio and microphone's. I want to get a better microphone as I use team speak everyday and think I owe it to myself. If I get a blue yeti, is team speak 3 going to compress the hell 

out of my microphone quality and make it sound bad on the other end, or will the quality sacrifice be small? I know it's not going to sound perfect but I want to know if it's worth the money...

TLDR: Will a blue yeti Microphone output good sound quality on teamspeak 3 or is it a waste of money?

I think it is a bit overkill just for VOIP, if you want to get a better mic look into the snowball by blue it is much cheaper and would be a better fit for you. 

yes, a snowball maybe but even then it would be a bit overkill.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Just to start off I want to say that I have been using teamspeak 3 with my friends for over 2 years now, it works well for gaming and just generally talking about stuff, I have no knowledge what so ever

when it comes to audio and microphone's. I want to get a better microphone as I use team speak everyday and think I owe it to myself. If I get a blue yeti, is team speak 3 going to compress the hell 

out of my microphone quality and make it sound bad on the other end, or will the quality sacrifice be small? I know it's not going to sound perfect but I want to know if it's worth the money...

TLDR: Will a blue yeti Microphone output good sound quality on teamspeak 3 or is it a waste of money?

I agree with kirbytech, I have a blue snowball, and that's all you'll need. A Yeti is a bit overkill for ts3.

Thanks for reading this! Shame that there's nothing here worthwhile for you to read... but you are still reading. Why?

Honestly dude, do what you gotta do, my buddy has a yeti, and it sounds really good in TS.

If you mostly do teamspeak however, i'd suggest going with the snowball, it's the mic I own.

the quality difference is not that big but the price is, especially if you get the original version with the pattern selector at the back.

if you can afford it, the yeti is awesome, but i ended up selling mine cause it was overkill for my use.

Project Mercury : 4460 | EVGA 960 FTW | 8 gb | 650 Watt PSU | 240GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Custom painted Evolv ITX

Well thanks for the quick reply guys, will a blue yeti's sound quality be sacrificed on teamspeak 3 immensely though? That's my question...

Honestly dude, do what you gotta do, my buddy has a yeti, and it sounds really good in TS.

If you mostly do teamspeak however, i'd suggest going with the snowball, it's the mic I own.

the quality difference is not that big but the price is, especially if you get the original version with the pattern selector at the back.

if you can afford it, the yeti is awesome, but i ended up selling mine cause it was overkill for my use.

Thanks for the reply man! Are you sure it doesen't differ from server to server on the sound quality of each microphone? I might do some videos in the future too so the blue yeti may come in handy...

don't believe so, ts sounds really good compared to in-game sound

Project Mercury : 4460 | EVGA 960 FTW | 8 gb | 650 Watt PSU | 240GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Custom painted Evolv ITX

what are you currently using?

a snowball or snowball ICE would be good enough

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thanks for the reply man! Are you sure it doesen't differ from server to server on the sound quality of each microphone? I might do some videos in the future too so the blue yeti may come in handy...

Snowball is good for videos too. Just you need to record your voice from a close distance so it doesn't pick up as much noise.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If you see a future where the more "professional" aspect of the yeti would come in handy, then by all means.

but if TS is the only thing you do with a mic, you can't go wrong with a snowball

what are you currently using?

a snowball or snowball ICE would be good enough

I'm using the microhpone that comes with the hyperx cloud 2's, not very good at all

Cause let's be real for a sec, Yes the yeti is overkill AF for Teamspeak, it's still a huge bang for the buck considering the quality and features you get for the money

If you see a future where the more "professional" aspect of the yeti would come in handy, then by all means.

but if TS is the only thing you do with a mic, you can't go wrong with a snowball

Where I live the snowball is 50 pounds, and the yeti is 90, so it is not a MASSIVE difference. Is the snowball USB powered too?

Well thanks for the quick reply guys, will a blue yeti's sound quality be sacrificed on teamspeak 3 immensely though? That's my question...

TeamSpeak's sound compression system is much better than Skype's. It's much better quality.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

For the people saying it's overkill, keep in mind that I use teamspeak every day for multiple hours to speak to others.

TeamSpeak's sound compression system is much better than Skype's. It's much better quality.

That's good to know, I never liked skype to be honest

Cause let's be real for a sec, Yes the yeti is overkill AF for Teamspeak, it's still a huge bang for the buck considering the quality and features you get for the money

keep in mind that I use teamspeak every day for multiple hours to speak to others.

For the people saying it's overkill, keep in mind that I use teamspeak every day for multiple hours to speak to others.

Just because you use it everyday does not change that it is overkill for it. A snowball would fit your needs better than a yeti would unless you just feel like having slightly better audio and are rolling in money. 

keep in mind that I use teamspeak every day for multiple hours to speak to others.

Yeah but even then, if you want and can get the yeti, you should do it, since the price difference in your country isn't so bad. 

I'll link a jonathan morrison video from a few years back where he puts the yeti and snowball head to head

Here.

hope that helps you make your mind

Yeah but even then, if you want and can get the yeti, you should do it, since the price difference in your country isn't so bad. 

I'll link a jonathan morrison video from a few years back where he puts the yeti and snowball head to head

Here.

Thanks dude, I think I'm going for the yeti. I sure it will be worth it since It will probably last me years.

Here.

I was going to consider the a2020 too, however it seems like that requires an additional power supply and some other stuff. 

I was going to consider the a2020 too, however it seems like that requires an additional power supply and some other stuff. 

no just usb, but one thing I recalled while watching is the headphone amp in the yeti, it's awesome. lag free monitoring for dayzz.

but like i said, if you can aford it, go ahead, it's a great mic especially if you wanna make youtube vids in the future.

have a nice day !

no just usb, but one thing I recalled while watching is the headphone amp in the yeti, it's awesome. lag free monitoring for dayzz.

but like i said, if you can aford it, go ahead, it's a great mic especially if you wanna make youtube vids in the future.

have a nice day !

I have eyes on the rode NT usb mic aswell, looks pretty decent and a bit cheaper