Is the Zenphone 2 a good phone?

Tylo

I was looking to purchase a new phone around its price point ~$300. Is it worth it?

I think it's pretty good, but the Android 6.0 is kinda late.

If I remember correctly, @Aytex has one. Maybe @TheKDub too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What's wrong with Android 6.0?

What's wrong with Android 6.0?

I think the Zenfone 2 hasn't gotten the Android 6.0 update yet, but I could be wrong.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

At that price point you may want to look into the OnePlus X aswell. Its really good for just 250$. Zenphone is not bad but its not that well built and the UI is very cluttered and full of bloatware...

I was looking at this too and it doesn't have a 1080 screen.. so i think i'm just gonna get another HTC One M7.

Zenfone 2 still is on 5.0, which has battery life issues, though it has been confirmed we will get 6.0, we just don't know when...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I was looking at this too and it doesn't have a 1080 screen.. so i think i'm just gonna get another HTC One M7.

The Zenfone 2 actually has different models and some of them have 1080p screens. 

The Zenfone 2 isn't that bad of a phone. It has pretty good specs for the price, but there are a few things that will turn off people.

• The power button is on the top... that's pretty annoying to be honest, even if you have big hands. The power button doesn't have a tactile click which makes it hard to press. Atleast the phone has double tap to turn on and off.
  • The camera is decent on this phone for the price, but it's nothing to be excited about.
  • Speakers are on the back of the phone and they are okay sounding. 
  • The Bloatware... my god! Too much bloatware! You can disable and sometimes uninstall the apps. But the only way to get rid of some of this bloatware completely is to root the phone and uninstall it. 
  • Also, no Android 6.0... :(

When looking past those things, the Zenfone 2 is still great. Great specs, a large 1080p screen thats not too shabby, dual sim and a micro sd card slot, a pretty detailed UI and at a great price!

I got my Zenfone 2 Laser (32GB model with 3GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 615) for $200 dollars on Amazong and I must say, it was worth it.

Zenfone 2 still is on 5.0, which has battery life issues, though it has been confirmed we will get 6.0, we just don't know when...

i tried cyanogenmod 13 AKA 6.0 and its pretty unstable ATM so i wouldn't try getting that

but i have 12.1 and it is fine (android 5.1.1)

The Zenfone 2 actually has different models and some of them have 1080p screens. 

The Zenfone 2 isn't that bad of a phone. It has pretty good specs for the price, but there are a few things that will turn off people.

• The power button is on the top... that's pretty annoying to be honest, even if you have big hands. The power button doesn't have a tactile click which makes it hard to press. Atleast the phone has double tap to turn on and off.
  • The camera is decent on this phone for the price, but it's nothing to be excited about.
  • Speakers are on the back of the phone and they are okay sounding. 
  • The Bloatware... my god! Too much bloatware! You can disable and sometimes uninstall the apps. But the only way to get rid of some of this bloatware completely is to root the phone and uninstall it. 
  • Also, no Android 6.0... :(

When looking past those things, the Zenfone 2 is still great. Great specs, a large 1080p screen thats not too shabby, dual sim and a micro sd card slot, a pretty detailed UI and at a great price!

I got my Zenfone 2 Laser (32GB model with 3GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 615) for $200 dollars on Amazong and I must say, it was worth it.

The power button isn't that much of a problem for me, I just slide the phone down my hand a little bit so I can easily reach it, then slide it back, guess I'm just more skilled with it than most :3

The camera is indeed decent, I tend to rely on the super resolution mode when taking pictures with it more than the other modes as I find it gives the best quality.

The speaker is alright, though front facing would have been nicer, but it's not like you're going to expect a full on surround sound experience from a phone.

The bloatware wasn't too unbearable, I removed most of it within the first half hour of having the phone.

And yea, hoping android 6 is released within the next month or two, but at least we've gotten confirmation that we will be getting it!

I've got the regular zenfone 2, except it's the 16GB storage 4GB ram model.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W