Why are all CPUs diffrent for OC?

I’ve saw that people say you will get different results even if you have the same specs? wont you get the same?
 :3

Because processors are manufactured and not everything is perfectly the same during that process?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The same reason not all cars have the same exact problem at the same exact time even if they look the exact same.  Manufacturing doesn't create 100% perfect duplicates of each item.  The smallest difference can affect things like overclocking, in this case.

I’ve saw that people say you will get different results even if you have the same specs? wont you get the same?

It really depends on many factors, but anyways: specs cannot be completely the same if the results are different.

Because CPU have millions of really small thingy in them and not all work properly. They won`t all be the same

to game or not to game, that`s the question

No. A cpu is a semiconductor. Not all semiconductors are created equal.even though every cpu goes through the same manufacturing process they do not end up being the same quality.

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

No two CPUs are exactly the same, there are always slight differences. Which is why some OC better than others.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

This should give you a better idea

chocolate-chip-cookie-app-600.jpg

All the same. Not exactly.

Some are loaded and some are barren.

YMMV

But they all look delicious. :)

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

But they all look delicious. :)

so do CPUs... Mmmmm...I wonder how many GHz that cookie runs at...

so do CPUs... Mmmmm...I wonder how many GHz that cookie runs at...

If you overclock your cookie too much, the chocolate melts and everybody ends up with a bad day.  :(

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

It is dependant on the "cleanliness" of the silicon, cleaner silicon is stronger and purer.

If you overclock your cookie too much, the chocolate melts and everybody ends up with a bad day.  :(

Melted chocolate cookies arre nice though!

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

It is dependant on the "cleanliness" of the silicon, cleaner silicon is stronger and purer.

I couldn't find a witty thing to say with regards to overclocking a cookie, lol.

Cookie dough is nicer :)

This should give you a better idea

chocolate-chip-cookie-app-600.jpg

All the same. Not exactly.

Some are loaded and some are barren.

YMMV

Linus bake tips

i highly recommend to watch global foundries youtube video how cpu is made

is so entertaining and you will know why its impossible to make same cpus using todays tech

if you love documentaries, the video is a must

Because processors are manufactured and not everything is perfectly the same during that process?

this.

even if machines are more consistent then humans, they are still put together by humans... so... yeah.

there will always be a tolerance of failure. The materials themselves can also be at fault

In the realm of AMD Phenom's i have a golden CPU, it unlocked from 2 cores to 4 and OC's ridiculously well (4ghz was the upper limit of Phenom's and that was binned)

I am also on air cooling.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi