Looking for a new GPU soon, what should I buy?

hccard

I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to computer hardware these days, but my system is really due for an upgrade in the graphics department soon. Running the latest hardcore titles at 4K isn't really my thing, but I would like a card that's good enough to play something like Battlefront at 1080p with good FPS and most importantly, last me a while. I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of $300, and I most likely won't be doing to much (if any) overclocking, nor will I be trying to mess with water-cooling. Also, I should add that I'm using an Intel CPU, so crossfire with a AMD graphics card obviously isn't a factor. Additionally, my motherboard only has one graphics card spot.

Any suggestions as to what card I should get would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't been paying nearly enough attention to computer hardware these days, but my system is really due for an upgrade in the graphics department soon. Running the latest hardcore titles at 4K isn't really my thing, but I would like a card that's good enough to play something like Battlefront at 1080p with good FPS and most importantly, last me a while. I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of $300, and I most likely won't be doing to much (if any) overclocking, nor will I be trying to mess with water-cooling. Also, I should add that I'm using an Intel CPU, so crossfire with a AMD graphics card obviously isn't a factor. Additionally, my motherboard only has one graphics card spot.

Follow your topics.

You can get an XFX 390 from jet.com for about $285 with the 15NOW code which gives you $50 off the card. If you live near a MicroCenter, you can get an MSI 390 for $305. You might not be into overclocking now, but in case you change your mind in the future, these 2 are also the best overclocking 390s.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

used 780ti (200-250).

290x.

Why would you want to crossfire w/ graphics card at the price point u have? And yes, yes you can crossfire/sli gpu's as long as it's supported. I have honestly have no idea were you got that from. And 

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Follow your topics.

You can get an XFX 390 from jet.com for about $285 with the 15NOW code which gives you $50 off the card. If you live near a MicroCenter, you can get an MSI 390 for $305. You might not be into overclocking now, but in case you change your mind in the future, these 2 are also the best overclocking 390s.

I love jet.com

Overclocking a 390 is going to cause you to turn off your furnace because you have 2 in the house now. I mean not as bad as a 290, but it's a heat dissapating monster.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

my 970 strix has served me werry well for so the time i used it. stabil low heat oc at 1450(boost clock)hz and running alot of newer titles at 60fps+/- at near 4k res and almost all at 120+fps at 1080p. if i wouldent have upgraded and had to buy a card agen. i would get one agen. wry satisfieing performance pr dollar

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37
GPU: Strix Oc 1080ti 2075mhz  Case: aNcase M1
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb, x2 Raid 0 PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX
Display: Acer Predator x34 100hz 1440p  
Cooling: Celsius C24  Operating System: W10   

Follow your topics.

I actually do live near a MicroCenter so that would work out great. One thing about the 390 though, I've heard a lot about how the current generation of AMD gpus are just rebrands of the last gen. If this is the case, is it worth the extra money for the newer card?

used 780ti (200-250).

290x.

Why would you want to crossfire w/ graphics card at the price point u have? And yes, yes you can crossfire/sli gpu's as long as it's supported. I have honestly have no idea were you got that from. And 

All that I meant by that is that I know some people will use AMD APUs in conjunction with an AMD GPU in crossfire to get some extra performance boosts, so obviously it makes since to go AMD over NVIDEA in that case. That's all I meant.