Shadow of Prodigy

HCP
Well, this is gonna be a quick quick weekend mod.

I already have my workstation up and when i looked at the Bitfenix Shadow i liked the shapes.

So this little front panel mod is about combining the Bitfenix Prodigy and Shadow.

Well, let´s go!

My workstation right now

Specs

AMD A10 6800k

16gb GeIL EVO Veloce

2x120gb Intel 320 SSD

VTX3D Radeon 7950 X-Edition Boost

Custom watercooling, 240mm radiator in the top with Be Quiet! fans and red led 140mm fans in front and back.

And here´s how it looked before i was tired of the front piece :)

thecase.jpg

And the Bitfenix Shadow i got inspired by.

999.png?1376982726

The shape

one.jpg

Right now...

Fan controller will be lifted out to the same level as the new front panel.

two.jpg

Looks nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Awesome mod!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Is it just me or do you have the case upside-down?

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X

Is it just me or do you have the case upside-down?

Its not you, the front of the prodigy is flipped, otherwise i cant have a fan controller in the 5,25" bay, the 240mm radiator is sitting in the top and takes all space :)

Is it just me or the wrong CPU has been chosen for this build? Why didn't you take FX-6300 if youre running HD7950?

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

Is it just me or the wrong CPU has been chosen for this build? Why didn't you take FX-6300 if youre running HD7950?

Just had the 7950 laying around, i rarely play games. Maybe some car sim taking a brake.

As its a workstation it doesnt matter :)

Just had the 7950 laying around

I want to live like this. "Uuuh, a great gaming GPU in my drawer... Let's put it in my workstation, better than collecting dust." :D

Seriosly though, I loved your Prodigy before, now it's even better *brain nuked*

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I want to live like this. "Uuuh, a great gaming GPU in my drawer... Let's put it in my workstation, better than collecting dust." :D

Seriosly though, I loved your Prodigy before, now it's even better *brain nuked*

Hehe yeah, rather than spending a $150 on a workstation card, i used what i had :)

I really just needed the extra outputs for my three monitors :P

No offence but if I'm honest I kinda prefer how it was previously, but it's your PC of course :).

No offence but if I'm honest I kinda prefer how it was previously, but it's your PC of course :).

Its just me and my wacky ideas, its not even sure i will use it.

Its mostly to try it, i like prodigy on that part. Front panels avalible cheap and easy to swap.

Well, here is the rough shape. I may be putting in an angle in the lower part of the front also, dont know yet.

Some filing and putty/bondo to do now!

four.jpg

Almost burned my brain out getting this angles correct :)

three.jpg

Well, primer on. Some small surface sanding to do before final paint. (black).

Dont know if i want the fan controller in the front either, just a high polished aluminium bitfenix logo.

9.jpg

Looks good with the primer on! Good luck

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

excellent 

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

99% done now, i put my fat fingers on the front piece, noticed it now when i packed away the camera, well...

Flash on camera makes color diff bigger than its really are.

have some re-aligning to do on the logo, and lower it a bit.

Went with a brushed alu style on it :)

Final pics soon, will take them daytime to prevent bad pics :)

ten.jpg

Thanks guys!

Now its time for the next step and make something about the Prodigy handles, cant have round handles in the top and bottom with this new front panel :)

Designing something new in sketchup right now, hold tight :)