How is my Firestrike score? -Graphics score only ... CPU is god awful lol.

LokiFire

1.1 should be a thing with a lot of tweaking & testing

sadly your cpu is slow so you'll get beat by people with fast cpus :(

Only have the cooler fans at 60% speed, i can always boost them for some crazy runs, i'm a little scared of VRM's though, i only have little heatsinks on those.. and this bios edit allows 1.215v, before the max was 1.15v

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Only have the cooler fans at 60% speed, i can always boost them for some crazy runs, i'm a little scared of VRM's though, i only have little heatsinks on those.. and this bios edit allows 1.215v, before the max was 1.15v

Should do the trick

My 7950 goes far when you give it 1.3v

5k is nothing.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5k is nothing.

v4GQe7G.jpg

v4GQe7G.jpg

"How is my FS Score?" That was your Question. Ok i answer different. Its very very bad.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

"How is my FS Score?" That was your Question. Ok i answer different. Its very very bad.

Well if you are expecting 980 scores from a 580... you need some testing in the head department.

Obviously this thread uses context, but you as usual go outside of the norm with eccentric thinking.

@LokiFire

$_57.JPG

Picked up a Gigabyte GTX580 SOC

Image_06S.jpg

Bit beefier than the ol' EVGA ones

gtx580_pcb_pico.jpg

NOICE! You better OC that mather facker, and i will flash my bios now i have a bit of competition :D

NOICE! You better OC that mather facker, and i will flash my bios now i have a bit of competition :D

That's the only reason I'm buying it... :)

http://hwbot.org/user/harrynowl/

Well i'm not going extreme with this, but i just successfully flashed my custom edited HC2 bios to max out at 1.213v which is a crap tonne of voltage for air cooling, but my cooler can handle it.. you have the advantage of superior VRM's so...

Well i'm not going extreme with this, but i just successfully flashed my custom edited HC2 bios to max out at 1.213v which is a crap tonne of voltage for air cooling, but my cooler can handle it.. you have the advantage of superior VRM's so...

:D my core should be binned as well.

I am using a cx600 though lol..

got a leadex 1200w plat soon though :)

I run 1.3v through my 7950 but the fermis seem a bit less keen on the volts :(

:D my core should be binned as well.

I am using a cx600 though lol..

got a leadex 1200w plat soon though :)

I run 1.3v through my 7950 but the fermis seem a bit less keen on the volts :(

Yeah i'm kind of nervous about allowing the full voltage through my 580, i can't get 1000mhz stable at 1175mv, so i may just have to max out the slider, shit's loud as fark in here too.... fans are at max RPM in the entire PC lol.

Well here goes nothing, if it don't pass Firestrike now i will give up on 1ghz as it's not possible without a hardware volt mod on this GPU, but if it does.. await a sick GPU score LOL.

It grey screened :(

I will bring my baby down now and see where she maxes, no need for max volts obviously.

Can't pass at 980mhz either, i am not temp limited either which is a really sad thing.. this cooler is pretty damn amazing BTW.. i maxed at 72c pushing 1.213v at 980mhz, it seems my GPU core is just not capable of breaking 960mhz stable.

I'm happy though because it does 960 at only 1150mv which was the old limit of the bios, and temps don't really go higher than 60-66c usually, Crysis did heat it up to 70c though.

Can't pass at 980mhz either, i am not temp limited either which is a really sad thing.. this cooler is pretty damn amazing BTW.. i maxed at 72c pushing 1.213v at 980mhz, it seems my GPU core is just not capable of breaking 960mhz stable.

I'm happy though because it does 960 at only 1150mv which was the old limit of the bios, and temps don't really go higher than 60-66c usually, Crysis did heat it up to 70c though.

That's a shame. I don't monitor my temps but my stock cooler on the 7950 benches 1.3V without taking off so it must be below 90c :)

That's a shame. I don't monitor my temps but my stock cooler on the 7950 benches 1.3V without taking off so it must be below 90c :)

You had any luck with your SOC yet?