Corsair 105 Thick Water Cooler thermal paste question

KeLLZ

My understanding is that the cooler already has some sort of pre applied thermal paste on it. I haven't read any complaints about the paste so I assume it's as good as any. I have the Arctic silver 5 and was thinking about applying that instead. Probably not worth the trouble huh?

Also if I wanted to remove the cooler at some point and re install it to another cpu, would I then need to clean it all up and then re apply my own thermal paste? I had a look at the part that attaches to the cpu and it doesn't exactly look pasty. It looks so clean and smooth. Gonna install it Monday and just wanted to find out all that I could.

Everytime you remove the cooler, you must replace the paste. For right now, may be worth it, but only if at all a few degress. I would say leave it on. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

My understanding is that the cooler already has some sort of pre applied thermal paste on it. I haven't read any complaints about the paste so I assume it's as good as any. I have the Arctic silver 5 and was thinking about applying that instead. Probably not worth the trouble huh?

Also if I wanted to remove the cooler at some point and re install it to another cpu, would I then need to clean it all up and then re apply my own thermal paste? I had a look at the part that attaches to the cpu and it doesn't exactly look pasty. It looks so clean and smooth. Gonna install it Monday and just wanted to find out all that I could.

the stock thermal compound is fine, it's a high quality compound from Shin Etsu with a very high viscosity.

if you ever remove and replace the cooler, you will need to clean it up and replace it, AS5 will have similar temperatures