What CPU,MOBO and RAM do you recommand me?

Hey guys,

I want some new stuff as you see and I'm in doubt. Should I go X99 or Z170.

Can you guys show me what you would do with 800 Euro's.

For prices please go to www.alternate.nl for prices over here because sites like Newegg got 30 euro's and above in shipping costs.

Thanks in advance

Avoid Z170 for now. X99 is too expensive. Get Z97.

Probably could get a 4690k+380 with that budget.

Use azerty.nl, rather than alternate.nl, it's cheaper and customer service is better

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

@SkyLassie make sure to follow your posts! Also what is the use case for this computer and other small details you might want us to know?

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

the 6600k is 3 month back ordered on ncix sooo, might want to take that into account.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

for cpu i would get a i5 4690k 

CPU: i5 4690k  (overclocked to 4.3ghz)             CPU Cooler: Cryorig h7                 MOBO:  Msi Z97 pc mate             RAM: 8GB HyperX 1600 blue

GPU: rx480  4gb                                                 CASE: Corsair Spec-01 red              OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 500   watt                                       SSD:    v60gb Mushkin ssd                HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

Well I want a i7 for sure and 16 GB of ram sound good to me.

So what do you guys recommend?

Ohh and btw I already got z97. I'm just wanting to upgrade.

Ohh and btw I already got z97. I'm just wanting to upgrade.

No reason to...

No reason to...

I know there isn't realy a reason to but I'm just asking for what set op cpu,mobo and ram you guys would recommand me.

I know there isn't realy a reason to but I'm just asking for what set op cpu,mobo and ram you guys would recommand me.

I'm not going to recommend you anything besides what you have now. I'm not going to encourage you to throw away money.

It's best not to think in a vacuum. For a whole build, this is what I'd do:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€183.56 @ Mindfactory)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€35.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€102.94 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€56.93 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  (€211.29 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€49.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€86.90 @ Caseking)
Total: €779.50
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-02 02:20 CET+0100

I strongly believe the i5-6400 paired with an ASrock Z170 board with the "Sky OC" bios is by far the best bang for the buck. It will allow you to BCLK overclock a locked Skylake CPU, like the i5-6400. Basically, it's i5-6600k performance for i5-4460 price, depending on the silicon lottery of course. Throw in an SSD if you have money leftover.

It's best not to think in a vacuum. For a whole build, this is what I'd do:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€183.56 @ Mindfactory)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€35.49 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Motherboard: ASRock Z170M Pro4S Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€102.94 @ Mindfactory)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (€56.93 @ Mindfactory)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€52.50 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  (€211.29 @ Mindfactory)

Case: Fractal Design Core 1300 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€49.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)

Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€86.90 @ Caseking)

Total: €779.50

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-02 02:20 CET+0100

I strongly believe the i5-6400 paired with an ASrock Z170 board with the "Sky OC" bios is by far the best bang for the buck. It will allow you to BCLK overclock a locked Skylake CPU, like the i5-6400. Basically, it's i5-6600k performance for i5-4460 price, depending on the silicon lottery of course. Throw in an SSD if you have money leftover.

Thanks for your time but i only wanted a recommendation for mobo, cpu and ram. Not a whole computer :D

Thanks for your time but i only wanted a recommendation for mobo, cpu and ram. Not a whole computer :D

What chip do you have? Get a 4790k if you don't have one. If you do then don't worry about upgrading the computer, upgrade either your graphics card or your monitor..... hell, maybe even your desk or sound system. Tell us what you have and I can help you put your money to good use. 

What chip do you have? Get a 4790k if you don't have one. If you do then don't worry about upgrading the computer, upgrade either your graphics card or your monitor..... hell, maybe even your desk or sound system. Tell us what you have and I can help you put your money to good use. 

Well, I need to upgrade my graphics card for sure, its a 760. On a Asus ROG 1440p 144hz w/e screen.

But I bought a new SSD 2 days ago and my motherboard can't handle it. It's one of those Samsung 950's.

And I'm getting so irritated that I cant throw it to it's max. With X99 I can. 

Well, I need to upgrade my graphics card for sure, its a 760. On a Asus ROG 1440p 144hz w/e screen.

But I bought a new SSD 2 days ago and my motherboard can't handle it. It's one of those Samsung 950's.

And I'm getting so irritated that I cant throw it to it's max. With X99 I can. 

Whats it doing funny with the SSD? 

New card for sure, monitor sounds like an excellent choice... 

What is your current cpu? 

Whats it doing funny with the SSD? 

New card for sure, monitor sounds like an excellent choice... 

What is your current cpu? 

The SSD had a max of 2200 read and 900 write but my m.2 slot is bottlenecking it to 830/800

And my CPU is a 4770K

And the m.2 slots on x99 can handle this SSD. It's really driving me crazy.

The SSD had a max of 2200 read and 900 write but my m.2 slot is bottlenecking it to 830/800

And my CPU is a 4770K

If you have the money to spend the X99 will be your best bet. You may be limited for bandwidth on your current board. You could try something like this first...

That would allow you to spend your 800 on a 980Ti.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=12K-017B-00001&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3821802&SID=iiwggz343h000a1700053

If I was in your shoes... I would spend the 25 bucks to test this first, it should eliminate your bottleneck. If you are then happy with it I would buy a 980Ti to get the most out of my monitor. 

If you have the money to spend the X99 will be your best bet. You may be limited for bandwidth on your current board. You could try something like this first...

That would allow you to spend your 800 on a 980Ti.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=12K-017B-00001&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink2-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3821802&SID=iiwggz343h000a1700053

If I was in your shoes... I would spend the 25 bucks to test this first, it should eliminate your bottleneck. If you are then happy with it I would buy a 980Ti to get the most out of my monitor. 

That's why I'm in doubt. These are actually the options.

1. Buy some chinees adapter and a new graphics card.

2. Skip the chinees cheese and go balls to the wall on a new set and save money for the graphics card(s).

Thanks for your time and advice

That's why I'm in doubt. These are actually the options.

1. Buy some chinees adapter and a new graphics card.

2. Skip the chinees cheese and go balls to the wall on a new set and save money for the graphics card(s).

Thanks for your time and advice

Read the reviews... even if its crap it is only $25, the reviews would lead me to believe it is exactly what you are looking for. With that good of a monitor your money would be much better spent on a 980Ti, you'll have yourself an awesome little rig then.