help on disabling the stupid led light

HappDrank

Pop it open and disconnected the thing

Or just send it back to newegg and buy a different psu :)

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

Not without tasking apart the PSU, which is dangerous in itself. The LED is almost certainly on the fan, so the easiest way is probably to replace the fan. Only do it if you know what you're doing with PSUs, though 

Is it safe to have that PSU in a house?

ROFL

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152047

is there a safe method of disabling the led on this power supply?

You would need to replace the fan looks like and LED fan but that isn't a good quality PSU, it would be best to replace it with something better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152047

is there a safe method of disabling the led on this power supply?

The best way to disable it is by using it for a few more weeks and letting it catch on fire :P

Check out the PSU whitelist in my sig and be on your way!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

It aint difficult to remove the LED's in that PSU, just take it apart (powered off) and just cut the cables to the LED's (not the Fan). 

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz