Buying new headset

raymen1
Go to solution Solved by raymen1,

Thx everyone for your help! I have decided to buy Sennheiser HD558 'cause they are available in my local store. I comboed them with a Trust Starzz mic, gonna test this setup and will change to hyperx cloud II if I'm not comfortable. Thx again for everyone's help :)

I know you guys are tired of reading these kind of posts so I'll try to make it quick!

The thing is I am currently looking for some headphones after reading some posts here at LTT forum because mine are on the brink of death.

Sennheiser HD 558 / 598 -> The conclusion after looking at some of the posts is to buy the 558 because the price diff is not worth the minimal audio difference. I currently live in Spain and the price difference between these two is 15€ (135 - 150 €), not much at all so I'll just leave it there for you guys to consider (ATM these are the ones to go for me)

HyperX Cloud II -> You guys seem to love them, here in spain they come at 92€ ~ 

Audio Technica AD700/700x -> Really difficult to find here so I have currently desisted in looking for them.

I game all day and would really like a sharp soundstage (been reading about Audio Tech. Sennheiser about that), music is not a priority, just casual background spotify while playing non competitive games.

I have no desktop mic so that may also be worth considering.

Help me make the decision guys! :)

Thx.

"Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I'm weak

Maybe I'm blinded by what I see"

- Angel | Theory Of A Deadman

Audio-Technica M50X + ModMic 4.0

Or go for the almost identical and much cheaper headphones, M40x's.... 

Or @raymen1 I suggest the HD598 or 558.

Beyerdynamic DT990 pro + modmic 4.0

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

Really nice suggestion, didn't know about them. Been reading some reviews for a while and they seem top notch. So asking hd598 vs ath-m50x is not going to work  'cause both of them are that good, however I've been reading that the HD 598 may be a little bit better because of the open design when playing games (soundstage).

Will consider!

Really nice suggestion, didn't know about them. Been reading some reviews for a while and they seem top notch. So asking hd598 vs ath-m50x is not going to work 'cause both of them are that good, however I've been reading that the HD 598 may be a little bit better because of the open design when playing games (soundstage).

Will consider!

Do not get m50x.

Hd 558 are much better for gaming.

Besides, m40x are basically the same but cheaper

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Do not get m50x.

Hd 558 are much better for gaming.

Besides, m40x are basically the same but cheaper

Would you go for the 558 or the 598? 15€ difference here :)

Beyerdynamic DT990 pro + modmic 4.0

Never heard of them (not much into audio),  do they need an amp? there are various versions so I'm a bit lost with these ones :S

Would you go for the 558 or the 598? 15€ difference here :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Never heard of them (not much into audio),  do they need an amp? there are various versions so I'm a bit lost with these ones :S

There's a 32 Ohm version.

There's a 32 Ohm version.

Cant seem to find them here sorry :( 

Only found 250ohm version, would have to buy from somewhere else and that may get pricing out of control. thx anyways!

I would go with the 558 over the 559, not worth the extra money. They sound great for the price. No mic though. 

The Cloud II are amazing! My friend got them this christmas and LOVES them. I tried them on and they are extremely comfortable and sound great for the price considering what they are mainly used for. I would highly recommend these. 

For the Audio Technica AD700/700x, I haven't heard much about them, and I haven't had a chance to try them out. They seem to be fine from what I've heard.  

For the Audo Technica M50x, probably what you are going to get recommended, this is what I have to say. They are meh. Once you get to try some other headphones at the same price you will be surprised at how "meh" they are. 

I would HIGHLY recommend the Cloud II's. For your use, you will be very happy. 

Horrible horrible horrible choice for gaming, sound stage is absolutely pathetic in comparison to other options he listed.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

32 ohms doesnt need it but the 80 and 250 ohms does! but if you have a decent 

soundcard on your mobo youll probably be able to go away with 80 ohms

Selling a MSI GTX 550ti in stockholm sweden or looking for free pc parts in Stockholm sweden

32 ohms doesnt need it but the 80 and 250 ohms does! but if you have a decent 

soundcard on your mobo youll probably be able to go away with 80 ohms

250ohm DT990's 100% do NOT need an amp. Please take it from someone who has owned the 250ohm DT990s as well as currently use the 600ohm DT990s, no amp is needed.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

250ohm DT990's 100% do NOT need an amp. Please take it from someone who has owned the 250ohm DT990s as well as currently use the 600ohm DT990s, no amp is needed.

Really? i was supposed to buy the 250ohms version and i asked on couple of forums and they said i needed a amp and there wasnt any 32ohms where i live

3 left then, which one would you guys choose?

-Hyperx Cloud II - 92€

-Sennheiser HD558 -139€

-Beyerdynamic DT990 pro (250Ohm) -141€

I'm not confident in choosing one myself :(

3 left then, which one would you guys choose?

-Hyperx Cloud II - 92€

-Sennheiser HD558 -139€

-Beyerdynamic DT990 pro (250Ohm) -141€

I'm not confident in choosing one myself :(

what kind of sound do you like? audio is subjectve

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

what kind of sound do you like? audio is subjectve

I just priorize gaming, I like all kind of music but nvm that xD

Thx everyone for your help! I have decided to buy Sennheiser HD558 'cause they are available in my local store. I comboed them with a Trust Starzz mic, gonna test this setup and will change to hyperx cloud II if I'm not comfortable. Thx again for everyone's help :)