Can I use an exhaust fan as intake

TechLaller

So I wanted to buy the circle stay cool c-12 120mm fan with red LEDs but the problem is that this is an exhaust fan but I want to use it in the front of my cabinet as intake. What can I do without reversing the fan because I really want to show off the red led

Take it out and put it the other way round

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

im so confused... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.1GHZ | MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme V Eatx LGA2011-3 | RAM: 16.00GB DDR4 G-Skills Ripjaws @2400Mhz | GPU: 2x Gtx 980 | CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos 2 | STORAGE: 400GB INTEL 750 Series PCI-E SSD/ 3TB Western Digital WDC | PSU: Corsair AXi 1200w | DISPLAYS: ASUS PB287Q (3840x2160@60Hz) And LG27MU67 (3840x2160@60Hz)

Oh, the LED will probably still show I'm not sure though.

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

that's what I wouldn't probably wanna do

Well you can't really reverse the fan's spin and if you did it would have terrible airflow.

Night Theme User

Well you can't really reverse the fan's spin and if you did it would have terrible airflow.

oh wait... I just noticed something great... In the video you provided, the guy shows the direction of airflow and this fan works as an intake with the correct direction of led... Yup

Just install the fans the other way around and it will work as an intake.

i5 4690k | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Swiftech H240-X | MSI Z97s SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb ( 2x4gb ) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 850EVO 250gb SSD & WD Caviar Blue 1tb HDD | Fractal Design Define R5