PS4 or Xbox One?

Arbird

The age old (well not that old) question.

I'm looking to upgrade from my Xbox 360 and I know there's a million videos comparing the specs but I want to know which one has a better feel and overall superiority. I've already done quite a bit of research and so far the PS4 seems to have the edge but I want to know what you think.

But please don't say Steam Machine.

Ad 300$ more and join the PCMR. You will have the Money back in no Time.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

PS4 seems to handle games better, has a better library, and looks better than the Xbox One, in my opinion. 

PS4 Has better graphics (going off RAW Resolution and Texture resolution) and has better games IMO. The XBone only has dying exclusives. 

I would prefer the Xbox controller to the Dualshock most days of the week, but they definitely improved with the PS4

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

If you dont want to get into PC gaming, then just get the one your friends are on.

The slight advantage the ps4 has wont be any use if you have to play alone...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

A PC

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

Ad 300$ more and join the PCMR. You will have the Money back in no Time.

You are so right

If you have friends that all play one one platform, choose that platform. It's all down to preference, though the PS4 generally runs games better. I like the feel of the Xbox One controller and the Xbox UI better though, as well as Forza Motorsport games. Therefore, I have an Xbox One.

And to the cocks that are recommending PCs, OP already has one.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

^ That's like asking PC or Mac on like Macforums or something, lol.

If you absolutely want a console, though, like just look at what your friends are playing. IMO Wii U and PS4 seem to have the better catalogue. The Xbone seems completely worthless overall.

PS4 is 15% more powerful then the XBone

So PS4 is your answer

The thing that will matter the most is which console your friends have. The second question you should ask yourself is "which console's exclusive appeals to me the most?" Thirdly, you gotta find out which controller you like more. I personally find the Xbox One's controller much more comfortable than the PS4's. If you're still undecided, you can compare aesthetics, or wonder if you would like some backwards compatibility (You can play some 360 titles on the Xbox One).

The first two points usually help people find out which one they like the most. If, at the end of the day, you still don't know, just stick to upgrading your PC.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

The age old (well not that old) question.

I'm looking to upgrade from my Xbox 360 and I know there's a million videos comparing the specs but I want to know which one has a better feel and overall superiority. I've already done quite a bit of research and so far the PS4 seems to have the edge but I want to know what you think.

But please don't say Steam Machine.

Get whatever your friends have if you refuse to play on PC. And if some friends have a PS4 and some have an Xbox One then like @Gale Said. Go for exclusives. Which ones matter to you the most? The Xbone controller is really good. I use it on PC for racing games because keyboard and mouse for racing is meh. Backwards compatibility is a thing. 

But also what ecosystem are you invested in? Do you use Skype, Onedrive etc? Then Xbox One is for you.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

All good games on xbox one avaible on PC and the ps4 has some very good exclusives, the exclusives should be only reason you would consider a ps4, if you considering xbox one rather i would not and rather invest into upgrading pc.

but but Sunset overdrive is xbone only and that's fucking 10/10 but I have a ps4 with my pc... Ps4 imo

*checks profile*

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
RAM: 8 gb ddr3
GPU: GTX 750 Ti

..... If you didn't already have an "decent enough" PC I would have said PS4. But you already have an ok PC so getting a PS4 (or XBOne) is kinda stupid. I'd strongly suggest you consider the Wii U. The only reason you should ever buy hardware is so that you can gain access to more software. The PS4 is decent but mostly as a third party box, you already have a third party gaming box. The Wii U on the other hand is not a third party gaming box, that's it's one big failure but as a PC gamer it's the you don't need. What the Wii U does offer is amazing exclusive content. Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Mario Kart, Mario Maker, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, Zelda, Xenoblade etc. Stuff you can't get on PC.

If you're not into the idea of a Wii U? If you don't like that content? Then that's also cool. And in that case I'd say that your money would be better spent on your PC. Get a better GPU/CPU combo using that money. I'm sure you wouldn't have much trouble selling the gear you already have, the few hundred you would have spent on a PS4 ontop of that could give you something decent. Because the base platform you have is solid.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

PS4 has better exclusives in my opinion, unless your more interested in xbox exclusives.

PC>Xbox>PS4

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

Eeeeeeew

Fix'd even Microsoft would agree remember they say'd to play on xbox 360 if did't have internet ? :P

Just preference to me

I enjoy xbox exclusives more... grew up on halo and forza

I've also played the death out of gran turismo games but that's really about it on playstation 

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B