Bad firmware update on Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb

Andriko

Hey, I did a firmware update on my Mushkin Chronos Deluxe because I didn't get the advertised speeds and I thought this would help. The update was fine and all, until I tried to log in to windows one day, it froze in the middle of logging in and I tried to restart, after that the drive is not detected by the bios in ahci mode and doesn't let the computer go past device detection before bios while the controller is in ide mode.

System 1 specs:

Intel i5 3570k

ASUS Maximus 5 Formula

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit

System 2 specs:

AMD Phenom ii x4 965 BE

ASUS Crosshair 4 Formula

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I tried troubleshooting in both systems, different drive configs/controller settings/boot settings/cables/ports, nothing has worked so far. I've seen people with OCZ drives in a similar situation and flashing the firmware and fixing it, also something with unplugging everything for 10-15 minutes, I haven't tried these yet simply because there were none with my ssd and I don't want to mess anything up further. Also it would be great if I could recover my files because I had some schoolwork on there. Although it isn't necessary but nice. Please and thank you.

If you can contact Mushkin and see if you have a warrenty on the SSD still and see if they may give you a new one, You could try putting the SSD in the other system and flashing the firmware for it again,

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

• 9 months later...

I contacted mushkin, I still have a warranty, I tried it in another system and I don't wanna send my drive in. Does anyone know any hackish ways to factory reset the drive?