Fan control on H440

lukeb15

Can I control fans on the H440? Looking around I see that I can plug the 4 pin cable off the hub into one of the mobo CPU fan(My mobo has 2), and I'll be able to control the fans connected to the fan hub via software. Id do this instead of connecting the up to the psu. Is this correct? Some people say it is risky though.... What do I do?

Or do I forget this hub and buy the Grid+ V2??

Can I control fans on the H440? Looking around I see that I can plug the 4 pin cable off the hub into one of the mobo CPU fan(My mobo has 2), and I'll be able to control the fans connected to the fan hub via software. Id do this instead of connecting the up to the psu. Is this correct? Some people say it is risky though.... What do I do?

Connect molex to the fan hub 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

you cant control the speed,

buy a grid if you want

though imo i'm not really bothered with the stock fans at 100%

Connect molex to the fan hub

So if I attach the hub to the 4-pin connecter on mobo I can control speeds?

you cant control the speed,

buy a grid if you want

though imo i'm not really bothered with the stock fans at 100%

First person says I can and second doesnt, this is what is bugging me. So I cant connect hub to 4-pin mobo connecter and control fans? Ill try fans at 100% first if I cant control them and if sound too much I'll buy the grid.

First person says I can and second doesnt, this is what is bugging me. So I cant connect hub to 4-pin mobo connecter and control fans? Ill try fans at 100% first if I cant control them and if sound too much I'll buy the grid.

i actually have the case right next to me...

i actually have the case right next to me...

Well what is that suppose to mean? Its quiet?

Even so can you help me figure this out I'm new to pc building and people saying 2 different answers is pissing me off.

Well what is that suppose to mean? Its quiet?

Even so can you help me figure this out I'm new to pc building and people saying 2 different answers is pissing me off.

well im sorry for tryign to help, i guess i wont anymore

Yep!

You 100% sure? This other guy can telling me I cant. Can you link some discussion where it shows this can be done? That would be great....thanks

well im sorry for tryign to help, i guess i wont anymore

I wasnt mad at you....im mad I cant get one solid answer. It's like this everywhere when I google it

I wasnt mad at you....im mad I cant get one solid answer. It's like this everywhere when I google it

you cant change the speeds through the hub, i have no idea if you put the 4pin in the mobo that you could control it

You 100% sure? This other guy can telling me I cant. Can you link some discussion where it shows this can be done? That would be great....thanks

Well Aytex has it so I'd assume he's more correct but in my experience most cases require molex for such things.

@TheSLSAMG owns a Noctis which is the same thing so maybe he can help you

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well Aytex has it so I'd assume he's more correct but in my experience most cases require molex for such things.

@TheSLSAMG owns a Noctis which is the same thing so maybe he can help you

The noctis has a PWM fan hub which is different than mine....thanks anyway. Ill try and figure this out elsewhere with a lot more googling.

you cant change the speeds through the hub, i have no idea if you put the 4pin in the mobo that you could control it

Okay thanks.

Figured you can control the mobo fan up output anyway and that would mean it would control the fan hub

Ill look elsewhere or wait for a different answer if you arent completly sure