Recommendations for Medium-Load Video Works and Gaming

GeT_DisTracTed

1. Budget & Location

I have a budget of around $1000-1300 SGD (Singapore Dollars). Most of the computer parts I would get from local stores like the ones in Sim Lim Square.

2. Aim

My aim is to mostly be able to play competitive CS:GO at decent frame rates (say around 200-300 fps) and also to capture and produce CS:GO cinematics and fragmovies using the in game capture command (startmovie).  Thereafter, I would do editing to the captured footage with a decent amount of graphical effects.

3. Monitors

I plan to start out with 1 monitor at 1920x1080 with plans in the future to upgrade to multi-monitor setups (up to 3 max in total) to increase workflow efficiency.

4. Peripherals

I will not be needing peripherals as I currently already have a set of plug and play mice and keyboard which I use and can easily switch it over to the new rig. However, I might be planning on upgrading both my mice and keyboard to those which I can customise much more options.

I would need to get a copy of Windows OS. I'm thinking of staying away from the newer OS to make sure the programs that I commonly use are supported.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I currently run on a Macbook as my daily driver, and it is not able to provide the graphical and processing power to allow my to achieve my goals.

6. My personal choice of equipment

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PDDZhM

Do suggest parts for those you think are not so appropriate, I will be checking this thread often so feel free to ask any questions you would need to clarify any things.

Thank You!

Edit #1: 

I use applications like aftereffects and premiere pro, does this affect the choice of GPU?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($223.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($94.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $800.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 05:10 EST-0500

Added in a better 4GB GPU, along with a better quality power supply. I had to fiddle around with your storage choices, but 1TB should ultimately enough. Let me know if it isn't.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($91.45 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: OCZ Trion 100 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.00 @ Amazon) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($298.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $846.39

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-27 05:11 EST-0500

the Z97 board is for upgrading to the i7-4790k later down the road ;)