What are the specs of Beats Solo 2?

ANewFace

Im having an arguement with someone about Beats. I say they are crap, and they say the are the best, so I'm trying to find specs on Beats and I can't find them anywhere. Can someone find me the tech specs on solo 2s? Like frequencies and stuff.

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Don't be a bigot, some people have opposing opinions to you and that's fine. No need to argue about something as trivial as headphones.

In answer to your question, look up the cost of making BEATS per unit then look up the cost of equivalently-priced headphones from other renowned brands.

Spec sheets are not at all useful for ranking headphone performance. Even marginally useful numbers like sensitivity and impedance can be wildy off from the actual values. Frequency response (without conditions specified such as HRTF, variance, etc) is completely useless and usually the invention of marketing.

Not worth arguing, pack your bags and leave haha.

They will end up telling you that sound quality = bass or some nonsense along the lines and that you have no choice but to accept it just for them.

Don't be a bigot, some people have opposing opinions to you and that's fine. No need to argue about something as trivial as headphones.

In answer to your question, look up the cost of making BEATS per unit then look up the cost of equivalently-priced headphones from other renowned brands.

Have you heard Beats? I felt dirty when listening to the first Beats Studios, the plastic was cheap and all I heard was bass (EQ just made it worse.) I'd say they're the WORST headphones you could buy for the money.

OP, no point in arguing with somebody that has the intelligence of a brick.

I used to be quite active here.

Have you heard Beats? I felt dirty when listening to the first Beats Studios, the plastic was cheap and all I heard was bass (EQ just made it worse.) I'd say they're the WORST headphones you could buy for the money.

Love you too.

I have but I have given people $300 pairs of Audio Technicas to listen to and they will still say solos sound better

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I have but I have given people $300 pairs of Audio Technicas to listen to and they will still say solos sound better

That's because the solos have a sound signature that they like.

Most people are not equipped to evaluate the finer points of audio quality. It's difficult even for audiophiles if the listening session is short.

I was replying to a quote, I'm sure you've heard them.

Love you too.

<3

BTW didn't mean to be rude, yes, people can have opinions, but really Beats aren't worth anything they're charging

That's because the solos have a sound signature that they like.

Most people are not equipped to evaluate the finer points of audio quality. It's difficult even for audiophiles if the listening session is short.

I agree.

Either way, the people that buy Beats are not the people that enjoy the finer audio quality. Looking at all my friends who own them, they are the people that enjoy modern Pop and Dubstep. AKA all they hear is "WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBUBUWBUWBWUBBUBDUBWUBDUBWUDBUBUDBWUBDUBDUWBDUBWUDBUWBDUB" and "CALIFORNIA GURLS" anyways, so they have no idea what good audio quality sounds like.

Last time I checked...

Garbage from the local landfill.

(Either way, people have their own opinions)

Fucking hate anyone who enjoys Beats above other headphones. I've singlehandedly converted everyone in my school into Beats haters.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I agree.

Either way, the people that buy Beats are not the people that enjoy the finer audio quality. Looking at all my friends who own them, they are the people that enjoy modern Pop and Dubstep. AKA all they hear is "WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBUBUWBUWBWUBBUBDUBWUBDUBWUDBUBUDBWUBDUBDUWBDUBWUDBUWBDUB" and "CALIFORNIA GURLS" anyways, so they have no idea what good audio quality sounds like.

Some Dubstep isn't just wubs, buddy.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I agree.

I quite enjoy dubstep through my $1k+ audio stack.

Some Dubstep isn't just wubs, buddy.

spacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespacespace

what the fuck are they saying behind the wubs

idek

I didn't say Dubstep sucked (though lots of it does, dubstep listeners can agree) just that people who would buy Beats only listen to music where the quality of the audio drivers doesn't matter other than bass.

I quite enjoy dubstep through my $1k+ audio stack.

^^^^^

I didn't say you couldn't enjoy dubstep.

In my opinion, beats aren't garbage, they're just WAY overpriced.

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

I didn't say Dubstep sucked (though lots of it does, dubstep listeners can agree) just that people who would buy Beats only listen to music where the quality of the audio drivers doesn't matter other than bass.

I didn't say you couldn't enjoy dubstep.

I'm disputing your nonsensical claims that dubstep doesn't require/benefit from high fidelity reproduction.

I'm disputing your nonsensical claims that dubstep doesn't require/benefit from high fidelity reproduction.

Dubstep sounds the same on my Logitech G633 as it does on my brother's HD 598's.

Dubstep sounds the same on my Logitech G633 as it does on my brother's HD 598's.

Not at all surprised that two mediocre headphones/headsets would sound similar.

Not at all surprised that two mediocre headphones/headsets would sound similar.

oh god, it hurts

I'm not listening on $100 headphones.

I'm not listening on $100 headphones.

$100 gamer headphones and $200 audiophile headphones (considering the 598's use the 558's drivers) sound the same. That's only for Dubstep though, as the bass on both headphones are great. Other kinds of music are totally different on the headphones.

$100 gamer headphones and $200 audiophile headphones (considering the 598's use the 558's drivers) sound the same. That's only for Dubstep though, as the bass on both headphones are great. Other kinds of music are totally different on the headphones.

If you paid $200 for the 598 then you got ripped off.

If you paid $200 for the 598 then you got ripped off.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sennheiser-over-ear-headphones-hd598-beige-beige/1309318834.p?id=mp1309318834&skuId=1309318834

I would buy them on Amazon (they're $140 right now!) but I'm sure lots of people just buy from a brick and mortar store.