[Microsoft Store CA] Asus Zenbook UX305CA $650

Pooherino ツ

6th Gen Core M3

QHD+ touch screen

8GB RAM

256GB

+$50 microsoft store gift code

for C$650

is this real life? just take my money. I ordered 2 already for me and my friend, returning my macbook pro

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/ASUS-ZenBook-UX305CA-UHM4T-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.327234200

Also if u haven't convinced that this is the greatest deal ever, watch this vid

6th Gen Core M3

bro

geekbench score: around 4500

but: that 650$ price tag makes it worth it :)

macbook: 1300$

looks good

f'n horrible keyboard (tried it myself at a store)

great screen

thin bezels

osx

zenbook: 650$

f'n ugly af

good keyboard

normal screen

huge ass bezels

windows

that keyboard from the macbook is horrible, that would be the one that won me over to the windows side..

bro

i don't really know what that mean, but its not aim at gamer or creator its a laptop for normal usage like typing and media consumption, m3 is not a bad processor, the $1200 surface pro 4, which only has 4gb ram and 128gb ssd and no keyboard cover has the m3 as well.

bro

but: that 650$ price tag makes it worth it :)

yeah also $650 is canadian not american

Yeah we ordered one for my sister.

I've seen it in person, the bezels are fine

Edit: the matte ips screens are also really nice

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

f'n ugly af

Honestly I like the look of it more than the 2015 MacBook. And it has USB-A ports.

"Rawr XD"

i don't really know what that mean, but its not aim at gamer or creator its a laptop for normal usage like typing and media consumption, m3 is not a bad processor, the $1200 surface pro 4, which only has 4gb ram and 128gb ssd and no keyboard cover has the m3 as well.

Can the m3 do video editing?

Can it stack up against the skylake core i7?

Can the m3 do video editing?

Can it stack up against the skylake core i7?

r u serious? I'm gonna assume that u do know about m3 and i7 and tell u that this laptop is C$650, which is extremely cheap for what it is offering, u want an i7 laptop that has the same screen resolution, touch screen, and thin and high build quality, also on top of that, it has 8gb ram and 256gb of ssd. this laptop is for student or just normal ppl, who wanna do normal stuffs like watching vids, taking notes, typing, and maybe some light gaming, like indie games.

if u don't know about what an m3 is, then disregard what i said above. a core m3 is a low power cpu, this particular one in this laptop runs at 900mhz, and turbo boost to 2.2ghz. in other words, it is crap for vid editing or stuffs like that. u can't compare a core m3 to an i7 because my i7 6700k which is in my desktop at the moment costs me $500, that is just for the cpu, this laptop is $650 and it comes with everything else obv. ur question is not a hard question to figure it out by urself, use some logic my friend.

Yeah we ordered one for my sister.

I've seen it in person, the bezels are fine

Edit: the matte ips screens are also really nice

yeah last year i was deciding between this and the xps 13, i chose the xps 13 but i sold it couple months ago and now I'm getting this one. this deal is so awesome but microsoft doesn't really show it off, they kinda hide it within all the other laptops, i had to seek for it myself

Honestly I like the look of it more than the 2015 MacBook. And it has USB-A ports.

i know right. i mean the macbook is just ridiculous, apple has gone way to far, i mean a laptop has to function before anything else, and when i buy a laptop i expect to be productive with it, cus I'm a student, and u can't be productive with 1 port. 

yeah last year i was deciding between this and the xps 13, i chose the xps 13 but i sold it couple months ago and now I'm getting this one. this deal is so awesome but microsoft doesn't really show it off, they kinda hide it within all the other laptops, i had to seek for it myself

If I can afford it though I'd still take the XPS 13 for the more power when I need it.

i know right. i mean the macbook is just ridiculous, apple has gone way to far, i mean a laptop has to function before anything else, and when i buy a laptop i expect to be productive with it, cus I'm a student, and u can't be productive with 1 port. 

I can see where Apple is going with the design of the Macbook. It's honestly intended for people who love Apple and want something that looks "new" and "interesting". Yes it does meet those goals, but those goals aren't exactly productive. Also, it's gold.

"Rawr XD"

If only it has a thin bezel. :(

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

r u serious? I'm gonna assume that u do know about m3 and i7 and tell u that this laptop is C$650, which is extremely cheap for what it is offering, u want an i7 laptop that has the same screen resolution, touch screen, and thin and high build quality, also on top of that, it has 8gb ram and 256gb of ssd. this laptop is for student or just normal ppl, who wanna do normal stuffs like watching vids, taking notes, typing, and maybe some light gaming, like indie games.

if u don't know about what an m3 is, then disregard what i said above. a core m3 is a low power cpu, this particular one in this laptop runs at 900mhz, and turbo boost to 2.2ghz. in other words, it is crap for vid editing or stuffs like that. u can't compare a core m3 to an i7 because my i7 6700k which is in my desktop at the moment costs me $500, that is just for the cpu, this laptop is $650 and it comes with everything else obv. ur question is not a hard question to figure it out by urself, use some logic my friend.

I didn't know.

So I saw that the m3 had a geek bench score of around 4500 and the i7 had around that same score so I thought it can handle some editing

I didn't know.

So I saw that the m3 had a geek bench score of around 4500 and the i7 had around that same score so I thought it can handle some editing

oh I'm sorry, i apologize. i just assume that everyone on this forum should know this. but yeah, an m3 cannot hold up against an i7 at all. like i said above m3 is low power cpu and meant for normal application. also don't trust geek bench, i mean it gives u an idea about the hardware but can't really use it to determine the performance of a cpu.

If only it has a thin bezel. :(

It's fine IRL

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Are you able to edit photos with this laptop?

RAW files in Photoshop and Lightroom. Mainly Color Correction.

Making a hard decision.

@Pooherino ツ

@AlanAlan

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Damn right when I don't have any money for it.

And thats the one with the expensive screen to. :(

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.