Would It be possible to get windows 10 cheaper by...?

CulDoes

Hey all, I'm building a new computer and realized I didn't really want to spend £80 on a windows 10 OS and I thought would it be possible to buy a windows 7 OS then get the free upgrade? Has anyone tried this yet? I'd love to know if it worked.

Reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

And yes, that would work as well, but this is even cheaper.

Though I wouldn't suggest getting windows 10 anyways with all the privacy issues and such going on with it..

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

yup you can do that, but you can't install it later after the free upgrade period

W10 is free

Windows 10 is not free, the upgrade from 7, 8, and 8.1 is, but if you don't have any of those, you have to pay for it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Go to r/microsoftsoftware and buy Windows 8 Pro for $20 update it to Windows 8.1 then upgrade it to Windows 10 for free.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap

And yes, that would work as well, but this is even cheaper.

Though I wouldn't suggest getting windows 10 anyways with all the privacy issues and such going on with it..

Is that Reddit page A. legal and B.A full legitimate copy?

Hey all, I'm building a new computer and realized I didn't really want to spend £80 on a windows 10 OS and I thought would it be possible to buy a windows 7 OS then get the free upgrade? Has anyone tried this yet? I'd love to know if it worked.

Try Kinguin:

http://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=Windows+10

Used it many times, never had an issue.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Is that Reddit page A. legal and B.A full legitimate copy?

Yes it's legal.

And yes it's a legitimate copy.

I've got a copy of windows 8.1 pro from there, works perfectly fine, not a single issue with it and I've had it for over 6 months now.

Try Kinguin:

http://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=Windows+10

Used it many times, never had an issue.

I noticed the kinguin one, but how would I use that key to active windows 10 from the bios of my new build with no OS? I mean once have the key how would I get windows 10 from that and onto a disc?

Edited by CulDoes

I noticed the kinguin one, but how would I use that key to active windows 10 from the bios of my new build with no OS? or how does it work

What?

You need to install Windows 10, then activate the key you have bought through Kinguin.

You will need to use this tool : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

To make a bootable Windows installation device.

If, you can do that, than either borrow a friends computer to do so or buy an actual copy of Windows 10 that either comes with a disc or USB.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!