[Quick Review] Fractal Design Kelvin S36

FilipSebik

Hi people. Merry Christmas and i got and Fractal Design Kelvin S36 and i am going to review it asap. And  iam comparing it to Noctua NH-D15

Lets get to it

PACKAGE AND PRICE

1. Its 170 euros which is awesome for 360mm expandable AIO cooler

2. It arrives in big package and the main unit is covered in plastic cover and its "secured" to don't jump like demon in this package.

The package contains main unit, 3 120mm HP fans, 1x 3 pin resistor to pump, 1x PWM to 3 PWM cable splitter to included fans, mounting tools for newest Intel and AMD sockets, fractal design zero thermal paste with diamond particles (i read that in manual) and for last manual

PERFORMANCE (included vs NH-D15)

Intel Core i5 4690K 4.5GHz 1.25V

30`C idle temperature

1. AIDA 64 Stress test:

Max 54`C on package and lowest 47 on core

NH-D15 - Max 67`C package and 65 lowest core

2. Nothing here but used resistor to make the pump run at 2000RPM, fans at idle 465RPM and same on load

PROS

360mm rad in 1 AIO unit

EXPANDABLE LOOP

320mm long tubing

anti kink coils

all G 1/4 fittings

fill port

CONS

You can hear a little bit pump on 12V but using included 3pin resistor will make the magic

Loud fans when on 12V - Speed fan or BIOS settings solve this problem

FU*KING HARD INSTALLING - YOU NEED 2 PEOPLE FOR THIS

Manual doesnt show how much you need thighten mounting threads on cpu block

Moved to Members Reviews. Tech News and Reviews is really meant for reviews by external websites like Anandtech and HardOCP.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Moved to Members Reviews. Tech News and Reviews is really meant for reviews by external websites like Anandtech and HardOCP.

Oh. Just as I replied as well.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

I didnt saw that there was member reviews

It came with a resistor for the pump? Huh... I'm going to have to dig my box out... That damned pump noise is amazingly annoying late at night.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

It came with a resistor for the pump? Huh... I'm going to have to dig my box out... That damned pump noise is amazingly annoying late at night.

Just be careful what you connect that to - if you're connecting it to a different pump, and it's not a variable speed pump, you'll destroy it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just be careful what you connect that to - if you're connecting it to a different pump, and it's not a variable speed pump, you'll destroy it.

Strange any pumps come with a resistor. Dropping the voltage from 12 down to like 9 is over 3 watts to disipate as heat (at least with my pump), you would need a good sized resistor to do that...

Strange any pumps come with a resistor. Dropping the voltage from 12 down to like 9 is over 3 watts to disipate as heat (at least with my pump), you would need a good sized resistor to do that...

fd-kelvin-s36-02-600x600.jpg

I believe that is it in the top left

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

fd-kelvin-s36-02-600x600.jpg

I believe that is it in the top left

Yes its the one

My nightmare :(

Its very fat resistor

Yes