FAA Drone Registration is illegal

Wojethebest

Still don't understand what people think a registration list will accomplish except waste people's time and money.

The dumb asses who have complete disregard for airspace are the problem, and those types don't bother keeping their license up to date much less register a drone.

The other group are people who don't understand anything but 'oooo little timmy will like this' or 'its got ipad apps with it for free' and I doubt they even will know it exists much less mandatory.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

The problem is level of skill required.

RC Vehicles that are substantial enough to cause significant damage are significantly more difficult to control than drones.

I could fly a 3KG drone at 300 feet with a smart phone app but I'd crash a 3KG RC Plane at 300 feet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

The problem I see with drone registration is that it won't help when drone accidents occur. And if it doesn't help then, there's really no point at all.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Drones aren't model aircraft now are they?

Unlike guns, drones can't disarm themselves. This really just makes them, if used as a deadly weapon, a stupid ass untraceable accident waiting to happen.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Its just $5. Not expensive at all. If people can afford their hobby 5 dollars is nothing.

I was talking of the costs associated with having to get a drone pilot licence to fly one. The cost of arranging the details of the test, training people across the country to give tests, etc. 

The registration part is fine.

The Cake is a Lie...

there are pet registration? 

Here is Australia you have to legally register all your pets and some towns even require them to be vaccinated and desexed. 

The Cake is a Lie...

If you are actually smart there are things called LIPO cutoffs that tell you it is going dead and you have like 3 minutes left. People use them in RC boats all the time

Yep. I picked up a few of these from Amazon just to let me know when my quadcopter's battery has 1-2 minutes of life left so I can fly it home!

Although I think with these new laws and such, I'll just take my <$100 rc aircraft and have buddies shoot it out of the sky for fun. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Drones aren't model aircraft now are they?

Unlike guns, drones can't disarm themselves.

how exactly does a gun disarm itself?

- snip-

If it is a model aircraft you register with the AMA.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

You don't necessarily 'register' your airplane. It is more/less a license that certifies you have permission, per county that you are, and will be held responsible in the event damages or whatever occur. I have one, you just fill out a form, pay 20$, I payed 50 so I can be covered until 2018. Some poor guy's battery died, hit an off road biker. Biker was fine, but he got some serious fines against him. 

I mean there's like almost zero chance of it happening but say something involving the trigger wasn't properly secured or something. Bang.

lol I think you messed up your wording a little bit.a gun disarming itself would mean it would stop itself from firing/being used. I think you meant dischraging :P

Don't worry, I've made that mistake before as well.

- snip-

I think you guys are missing the real concern here. Given all the security breaches this year, and that this registration system was rushed, I wouldn't be surprised if it got compromised.

Additionally, a drone pilot gets 1 unique ID to assign to all their aircraft. If I see Bob flying in a field I can easily take his ID and happily land my drone on the lawn of the White House, with Bob's ID on it. What an interesting recipe for how to wreck a hobbyist's day :)

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.