Sleep problems

JolamIII

My new rig has had this sleep problem where it would wake out of nowhere. I recently had some success by identifying the source (network adapters, apparently). However, this problem has resumed despite me disabling the peripherals from waking the computer up. Any help?

Disable "Wake on LAN" in the Bios.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Perhaps scheduled defragmenting or backups.

Maybe updates too?

Defrags are scheduled weekly, no backups, no updates.

Disable "Wake on LAN" in the Bios.

I disabled it already, still the same problem persists.

Defrags are scheduled weekly, no backups, no updates.

I disabled it already, still the same problem persists.

often this is a problem with bad drivers..or outdated drivers..or some bad program ....could even be that the bios needs an update

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Can also be the mouse.

Personally, I make it so the keyboard can wake it. So I in device manager, and check every item one by one.

But in your case, you can open the command prompt and execute: powercfg -lastwake, and it will tell you the last device/software that was responsible in waking up your PC.

Can also be the mouse.

Personally, I make it so the keyboard can wake it. So I in device manager, and check every item one by one.

But in your case, you can open the command prompt and execute: powercfg -lastwake, and it will tell you the last device/software that was responsible in waking up your PC.

I did it before, it stated "network adapters" but now it doesn't state anything.

often this is a problem with bad drivers..or outdated drivers..or some bad program ....could even be that the bios needs an update

Updated everything. I restarted the computer and now it can sleep, although at times the fan does kick in but switches off after a minute or two. Any other advice?

I did it before, it stated "network adapters" but now it doesn't state anything.

Updated everything. I restarted the computer and now it can sleep, although at times the fan does kick in but switches off after a minute or two. Any other advice?

hmmif the fan is kicking in when its trying to sleep...that kinda sounds like a problem with your temps...or a faulty fan

hmmif the fan is kicking in when its trying to sleep...that kinda sounds like a problem with your temps...or a faulty fan

Any fix?

Any fix?

clean fans and thermal paste and reapply..clean case out to make sure all fans are working well