[Help] Windows 10 Fresh Install

Jettt

Hello,

I'm getting an SSD soon and I want my OS to be installed there...I have 2 internal HDDs (both 1TB) and one of them is still empty...if I want to just keep some files and remove the rest what should I do?...can I put the files I want to save in the empty HDD and remove it then put in the SSD and install windows 10? <- Will that remove the remaining files on the remaining HDD or do I have to do other things such as deleting it manually?...also I have Windows 8.1 right now (and the free upgrade) and I don't know how I can get windows 10 in a USB so that when I boot it I can install it w/o having to enter any sort of key-code thing.

Thanks and sorry if I made you cringe because of my noob-ness I'm just starting to get into fiddling w/ hardware on my own. (I used to go to stores to install my stuff for me)

Hello,

I'm getting an SSD soon and I want my OS to be installed there...I have 2 internal HDDs (both 1TB) and one of them is still empty...if I want to just keep some files and remove the rest what should I do?...can I put the files I want to save in the empty HDD and remove it then put in the SSD and install windows 10? <- Will that remove the remaining files on the remaining HDD or do I have to do other things such as deleting it manually?...also I have Windows 8.1 right now (and the free upgrade) and I don't know how I can get windows 10 in a USB so that when I boot it I can install it w/o having to enter any sort of key-code thing.

Thanks and sorry if I made you cringe because of my noob-ness I'm just starting to get into fiddling w/ hardware on my own. (I used to go to stores to install my stuff for me)

install windows 10 to the hdd..let it activate

put your ssd in..reinstall windows 10 to the ssd and it will activate

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

put all files you want to keep on the empty HDD

unplug everything except your SSD

install windows http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

plug in your two HDDs

format the one with your OS (dont format the one you moved your files to)

now you can just cut and paste your files from that first HDD wherever you want, to the ssd, to the second HDD, or wherever

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Move the file you want to keep to the empty drive. Then unplug the two old drives and install windows on the ssd. Plug the two old drives back in and wipe the drive with the previous installation.

I say unplug them because its good practice not to accidentally wipe the drive with your data on it.

@techguru

plz no quote the op its bad forum etiquette and kinda annoying.

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Move the file you want to keep to the empty drive. Then unplug the two old drives and install windows on the ssd. Plug the two old drives back in and wipe the drive with the previous installation.

I say unplug them because its good practice not to accidentally wipe the drive with you data on it.

@techguru

plz no quote the op its bad forum etiquette and kinda annoying.

your new to this forum

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

your new to this forum

No. I just post in off topic a lot more.

It doesn't change the fact that its really annoying.

And its mostly you I see doing it. Enderman didn't do it for example and he has more posts then you(if you think post count means that someone is new or not).

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

Thank you :) How do I put windows 10 in my usb to boot it? and do I need to purchase a key?