Dan Castellaneta's album artwork size guide for iOS devices

PlayStation 2

What the hell, I'm bored. Might as well be productive.

Have you ever wanted to have artwork that didn't upscale? Well now you know what to look for at least, because I have a half-decent approximation of what the sizes can be, under iOS 9.

How did I discover this? Boredom. Using an iPod touch, I found that the size of the artwork shown is scaled to 576x576, and the screen size is 640x1136, effectively making 576x576 0.9x the size of 640x640.

How does this tie into what you should use? This scales to other iPhones/iPod touch.

• iPhone 4s/iPhone 5/iPhone 5s/iPod touch (5th and 6th gen) should use a cover art size of 576x576 or higher.
  • iPhone 6/6s should use a cover art size of 675x675 or higher.
  • iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus should use 972x972 or higher.

Well, that looks like it's it.

Comments? Comment here!

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

The website I use to get my music for... an amount... says it's legal so imma roll with it and play dumb if the fuzz shows up at my door like "yes, hi sir we've received complaints from Verizon that there might be illegal activity taking place from this address" and my response will be "THE WEBSITE SAID IT WAS LEGAL *runs*".

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

The larger, the better.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kappa

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

The website I use to get my music for... an amount... says it's legal so imma roll with it and play dumb if the fuzz shows up at my door like "yes, hi sir we've received complaints from Verizon that there might be illegal activity taking place from this address" and my response will be "THE WEBSITE SAID IT WAS LEGAL *runs*".

wot website

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

wot website

you're probably the fuzz. I've been spotted. O NO I'VE SAID TOO MUCH

/s

https://youtu.be/N3t9IEWZiU0?t=4s

https://youtu.be/Dd7FixvoKBw?t=42s