Need some recommendations for new audio setup

Tomek20225

Hi :D

I'm lookimg forward in upgrading my audio setup, but I'm not sure what should I choose.

Right now I use some 2.1 speaker set (with a broken subwoofer) that I found in the basement for daily use and gaming, but I also have earphones that came with my iPhone 4 and I use them when I talk with my buddies on Skype. My microphone is the one in PS Eye camera - I think it's quite good (I need it's noise cancellation because of a loud computer) but if you can recommend me a mic for less than 10 bucks that would be really good.

I'm not the audiophile, so I don't think I truly need new audio setup because of bad audio quality, but because I'm super picky in terms of loudness. My PC is loud, but that's a whole other problem - the main one is that the mentioned subwoofer makes the buzzing/bass noise all the time, and that's really annoying.

My friend adviced me to buy speakers that he has - Creative A120 I believe. Cheap one, but when I came to test them I really enjoyed their sound.

I saved a lot of money this year and I don't have anything to spend them on, so I decided to upgrade my audio peripherals overall. That's when the idea of buying new headset besides speakers and mic knocked into my door. Everyone in Poland advices to buy Superlux HD681B, but I believe you know a bit more about it than me.

That's why I ask you - is it a good upgrade for this price? Shall I pay another few bucks for something better? Are there any better things than I mentioned before?

Thanks in advance :*

For a budget of $120 I think you answered the question yourself, if you liked the sound of the $90 creative 2.1 system and you have friends who think the headphones for $22 are well worth their value then I would say go for it, especially if both are readily available in Poland. I'm sure you would be getting your moneys worth out of both.