Is the Logitech G29 + Shifter worth it at £200 ?

Cy-Fy

Hello guys, well lately I have been reading a lot of reviews about the g29 and to be honest most of them are pretty negative. The thing is that those reviews focus too much on the price and constantly say that the wheel is not worth its usual £300 (plus £50 for the shifter). So the thing is that reviewers seem to forget to actually focus on whether the wheel is genuinely good or not and that's what I want to know because I found a sweet deal online of the steering wheel AND the shifter all for £204.

So now that the price is finally not a concern, would anyone recommend this wheel for ps3 use? Is it worth the money (which to me is still a lot :P) ??

Thanks for your help!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

350 vs 204

grab it man

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i honestly think the g29 isn't a real successor to the g27. the g29 doesn't improve much compared to the older g27. but since you've found a good deal on the g29 why not get it? 

i honestly think the g29 isn't a real successor to the g27. the g29 doesn't improve much compared to the older g27. but since you've found a good deal on the g29 why not get it?

well it is still some money which I don't necessarily NEED to spend. I have heard that it isn't a real successor to the g27 but considering this will be my first wheel ever would you still recommend it? Compared to other wheels in the market maybe?

well it is still some money which I don't necessarily NEED to spend. I have heard that it isn't a real successor to the g27 but considering this will be my first wheel ever would you still recommend it? Compared to other wheels in the market maybe?

the next best Wheel will be from Thrustmaster T500 RS

that is another Gran Turismo official wheel

cost a lot more since it does not come with the 7 speed shifter as well

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

the next best Wheel will be from Thrustmaster T500 RS

that is another Gran Turismo official wheel

cost a lot more since it does not come with the 7 speed shifter as well

yeah there is also the t300rs but with nowhere as good pedals as the g29's so so far the g29 seems to be winning... any ideas on ps3 compatibility with games? Especially since it is a relatively old console?

yeah there is also the t300rs but with nowhere as good pedals as the g29's so so far the g29 seems to be winning... any ideas on ps3 compatibility with games? Especially since it is a relatively old console?

the G29 has a toggle switch for PS4 and PS3

not sure about the T300RS or T500RS

but i do know the T500RS works with PS3 since GT6 is PS3 only

the G29 has a toggle switch for PS4 and PS3

not sure about the T300RS or T500RS

but i do know the T500RS works with PS3 since GT6 is PS3 only

yes thanks! I just read that the shifter for the g29 is not compatible with ps3. That's a bit of a deal breaker since why would you own a steering wheel with a clutch pedal in the pedal set if you can't use it on ps3 even though the wheel itself works...

yes thanks! I just read that the shifter for the g29 is not compatible with ps3. That's a bit of a deal breaker since why would you own a steering wheel with a clutch pedal in the pedal set if you can't use it on ps3 even though the wheel itself works...

well i think you just have to suck up and buy the T500RS with the 7 speed shifter

well i think you just have to suck up and buy the T500RS with the 7 speed shifter

haha for like £500 lol yeah right

i been eyeing the T500RS

many sim racers sing praises of it

unless you can find the G27

avoid the G29

i been eyeing the T500RS

many sim racers sing praises of it

unless you can find the G27

avoid the G29

yeah I suppose that's true... but can I ask, what is so wrong with the g29? I mean obviously compatibility issues but why do so many people want to "avoid" it... I don't get it

yeah I suppose that's true... but can I ask, what is so wrong with the g29? I mean obviously compatibility issues but why do so many people want to "avoid" it... I don't get it

mostly because there's the g27, which is still a solid wheel and pedal set. the g29 will get the job done, but it's far more expensive. plus the shifter is sold separately now, even though the g27 had the shifter included 

it's very much worth of price if you're serious about sim racing. 

it's either the t500rs or fanatec

mostly because there's the g27, which is still a solid wheel and pedal set. the g29 will get the job done, but it's far more expensive. plus the shifter is sold separately now, even though the g27 had the shifter included

it's very much worth of price if you're serious about sim racing.

it's either the t500rs or fanatec

@dragoon20005

yeah however the argument of price would not be an issue since the store which has the G29 is now selling it at £160 !!! I wonder if at this price it is worth it, especially for ps3 since it has quite a few compatibility issues like shifter and rev counter and some buttons and clutch don't work obviously.

Also there is the thrustmaster t300 599xx evo integral deal with the t3pa pedals for £399 which seems like a good deal (if you check the prices of the individual parts) however I don't know if they will maybe bring down the price for boxing day or something because it is quite a bit more expensive than the G29 and I don't know if the price is justified.

@dragoon20005

yeah however the argument of price would not be an issue since the store which has the G29 is now selling it at £160 !!! I wonder if at this price it is worth it, especially for ps3 since it has quite a few compatibility issues like shifter and rev counter and some buttons and clutch don't work obviously.

Also there is the thrustmaster t300 599xx evo integral deal with the t3pa pedals for £399 which seems like a good deal (if you check the prices of the individual parts) however I don't know if they will maybe bring down the price for boxing day or something because it is quite a bit more expensive than the G29 and I don't know if the price is justified.

well that is a good deal. go ahead and get it if you think it's worth the price

i dunno about the t300. i heard it's a pretty good motor but it isn't as powerful as the t500rs