graphics card and cpu on one radiator?

just a quick question, will one 280mm radiator be enough to cool a gtx970 and a 6600k with a light overclock? im planning a mitx build and this is my main concern, and if not would it be better to get a 960 instead if i can get a waterblock?

yeah it would be fine

just not the coolest temps

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

just a quick question, will one 280mm radiator be enough to cool a gtx970 and a 6600k with a light overclock? im planning a mitx build and this is my main concern, and if not would it be better to get a 960 instead if i can get a waterblock?

There aren't full cover waterblocks for 960's, Alphacool makes a hybrid that has a block over the CPU and heatsink over the rest of the card, as for rad space it would just be above the minimum of 120mm rad space per component so while it can cool it may not be very silent or can run a bit warmer.

My 970 didn't add much more heat to my system but I have a 360 and a 240, a 280 with light overclocking, you should be okay.

There aren't full cover waterblocks for 960's, Alphacool makes a hybrid that has a block over the CPU and heatsink over the rest of the card, as for rad space it would just be above the minimum of 120mm rad space per component so while it can cool it may not be very silent or can run a bit warmer.

He said 970.  ;) 

EDIT: AH I CAN'T READ!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

what i was thinking, is if i could i may try to fit in a second rad but the case fractal design core 500 wouldnt fit both so my plan is to use a 280mm, im not to worried about loudness as it isnt my main rig and it will more be just something fun to build and use it when a friend comes around or something

what i was thinking, is if i could i may try to fit in a second rad but the case fractal design core 500 wouldnt fit both so my plan is to use a 280mm, im not to worried about loudness as it isnt my main rig and it will more be just something fun to build and use it when a friend comes around or something

If you don't overclock it would be a better but in a small form factor case it's a bit of a trade off being smaller, if you really want to maximize cooling you could externally mount an extra rear 120mm as long as your up to the task of modify it a bit.

If you don't overclock it would be a better but in a small form factor case it's a bit of a trade off being smaller, if you really want to maximize cooling you could externally mount an extra rear 120mm as long as your up to the task of modify it a bit.

i could easily place a 120mm on the out side of the rear fan spot, but i think i will do my original build first, if im not comfortable with temps then ill do that