Is it possible to upgrade internal memory on a Phone?

I was wondering if i can increase the internal memory on my cell phone. Not talking about SD or External memory. I have a LG L70

no

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

maybe if your really steady with a soldering iron. I think most are embedded into the main board. But then you risk the new memory chip to be incapable with the software. Maybe even causing you to brick your phone. (Not worth the risk) 

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

maybe if your really steady with a soldering iron. I think most are embedded into the main board. 

Indeed I think it should be possible, but is just way to hard to do.

Only option is external sd or usb-otg storage :(

yeah man, just solder in a new chip. duh (jk, you'll wreck your phone if you try)

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Absolutely all you need is some laptop ram and a soldering iron and you have more ram but remember to solder t directly to the battery or it won't work 

Why not?

The memory chips are soldered to the board.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No because it is apple, everything from apple now is soldered together. That is why i dont have a retina MacBook Pro because the ram and storage is upgradable, i put in 16GB 

It's not just Apple. HTC, LG, Sony, Google, etc all do it. You can add expand the memory through memory cards, but most phones have internal memory soldered to the CCA.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

The memory chips are soldered to the board.

It still should be possible there's like a 0.1% chance it will work ;)

If you google a bit you can find discussions about it on other forums ( for data recovery needs, phone died but storage is probably still working ) 

It still should be possible there's like a 0.1% chance it will work ;)

If you google a bit you can find discussions about it on other forums ( for data recovery needs, phone died but storage is probably still working ) 

For the average user, it's not possible. Average users don't know how to solder or de-solder.

For the average user, it's not possible. Average users don't know how to solder or de-solder.

Knowing how to solder and de-solder isn't enough, you need to be good at it + you need to find a new storage chip and the right equipment to rewrite all the necessary data to it or the phone won't boot. Nice for some scientists to try, not for average users indeed.

downloadmoreram.com duh

But in all seriousness, no.... Unless you work in a factory in china and replace the bin with 8GB storage chips with 64GB ones..... Yay everyone gets free memory! Actually, no don't do that...... just don't. You can't...

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

so How do i put apps or force apps on my SD memory , the phone only has about 1.5 GBs of memory in it and most of it was used up with pre-installed, i was able to root the phone and get rid of some but not all. So how do i use external memory instead of being forced to use internal memory for adds and such

so How do i put apps or force apps on my SD memory , the phone only has about 1.5 GBs of memory in it and most of it was used up with pre-installed, i was able to root the phone and get rid of some but not all. So how do i use external memory instead of being forced to use internal memory for adds and such

I don't know the process exactly, but essentially you need to root and use something like App2SD.

Knowing how to solder and de-solder isn't enough, you need to be good at it + you need to find a new storage chip and the right equipment to rewrite all the necessary data to it or the phone won't boot. Nice for some scientists to try, not for average users indeed.

Knowing how to solder and de-solder though is the beginning. Without that, you probably aren't getting very far.

Knowing how to solder and de-solder though is the beginning. Without that, you probably aren't getting very far.

Don't make me feel ashamed, I don't know how to solder   :(

memory chips are BGA, they aren't soldered they are stuck with flux and the only things on this planet who can even assemble them are machines and that's just to place them as they can not remove them nor are they even designed to be removed, that's why you buy a phone with the storage you want or buy one with a card slot.

you can even grab a RAM dimm and look top down with a magnifying glass or microscope and you'll see the balls.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Absolutely all you need is some laptop ram and a soldering iron and you have more ram but remember to solder t directly to the battery or it won't work

Well... laptop ram? NO. The chip that's in a phone is just one single black chip on the laptop ram. And if you just solder it to the battery it won't work because to work with the ram the chip needs an interface to work with.

Well... laptop ram? NO. The chip that's in a phone is just one single black chip on the laptop ram. And if you just solder it to the battery it won't work because to work with the ram the chip needs an interface to work with.

You don't say

memory chips are BGA, they aren't soldered they are stuck with flux and the only things on this planet who can even assemble them are machines and that's just to place them as they can not remove them nor are they even designed to be removed, that's why you buy a phone with the storage you want or buy one with a card slot.

you can even grab a RAM dimm and look top down with a magnifying glass or microscope and you'll see the balls.

The balls are soldered - I know they are. We learned it when I took my classes for IPC-A-610. Flux is not used to hold things together - it's used to aid in soldering. Ideal soldering removes all flux.

The balls by the way are specifically solder balls.