loop plan critique needed

Go to solution Solved by W-L,

are these "dont cross the tubes" comments about aesthetics or is it for function cause if its for aesthetics it would help to know that im using the non windowed define S so nobody will be able to see it.

Aesthics, there will be no difference in performance but just look for a loop since most are in open or windowed cases.

jer34Ds.jpg

my case is a Fractal Design Define S and i plan to take advantage of the water cooling options of it. i will be using a 420 in the top and a 280 in the front and will be getting most of my parts from EKWB (420 from alphacool since ek doesnt have a 30mm thick 420 rad) including a D5 pump res combo. each arrow on the outside of the case represents a fan and its airflow direction (the top front fan mount will be populated) and the arrows on the "tubing" shows the flow of water through the loop (small connection piece between the 280 and 420 is on the back port). i will be using compression fittings and one 90 bend at the pump inlet coming from the 420. do i need any other bends? will i have any problems with this setup? should i add any more fans?

the dashed line going to the temp is the wire for this temperature sensor and will be my main fan speed controller (pwm pump will be based off cpu speed)

EDIT: tubing will be 3/8-5/8

wan

-SNIP-

That looks good everything should work no problem, personally I wouldn't cross tubing and instead go for something like top rad, front rad, res, GPU, CPU and back around to the top, but may require more angled adapter.

I would mount the front rad upside down from what is in the drawing so that you get increased water flow with the fact that hot water goes up and the tubing doesn't x.

I would mount the front rad upside down from what is in the drawing so that you get increased water flow with the fact that hot water goes up and the tubing doesn't x.

Waterflow is always limited by the smallest ID of the system, which is usually your 1/4 Inch fitting ID. Arrangement of the radiators don´t matter. That only matters for aesthetics unless you plan to use an external radiator.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

are these "dont cross the tubes" comments about aesthetics or is it for function cause if its for aesthetics it would help to know that im using the non windowed define S so nobody will be able to see it.

wan

Aesthics, there will be no difference in performance but just look for a loop since most are in open or windowed cases.