Bored by GTA5?

watts300

The last few days I've played more Grand Theft Auto.  It took me a while (5-6 hours) to get the hang of the mechanics, story progression, and map layout, but now that I have a better grasp, I'm 22 hours into it.  31% complete.   Historically I've played more-linear games, that's why I had a prolonged adjustment period. 

I think I'm a bit bored by the game. It feels like a series of mini-games wrapped up in a convoluted gangster/mob story.  It's still fun because  driving the cars around town and wrecking shit is entertaining, and some of the missions are neat.  But some of them are things like "go here and watch the cut-scene then leave the area after you steal another car because all the characters in the cut-scene left with all nearby cars."  

It seems like it's just a jump from one L, or M, or F on the map to the next.  There are a lot of other icons, but most of them are just points-of-interest like barbers and clothing shops. I haven't found much else to do that's outside of the story for additional elements to the game. 

I'm wondering if any one else feels the same way about the game.  

Or even better -- does any one have any tips or advice on things that I might have missed and not seen? 

I'm considering leaving GTA for a while to focus more on Assassin's Creed Syndicate.  It's the first one in the AC series I've played.. and even then, only 3 hours so far. 

I completely get where you are coming from.  A decent amount of the missions I wish I could skip unless they actually involve doing something.  I will say that in my opinion they get a little better the farther you get in to the game.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Just Cause 3.

Just Cause 3 has a worse story than GTA, but much better game mechanics (just don't drive...). If you like blowing shit up in the many imaginative ways, JC3 is your game...

GTA 5 is EPIC, i played the full story twice (on PS3 when it first launched and then on PC with my GTX 780) and i plan to play through it again now that i can run EPIC settings at 1440p with 980ti...loved that game!

i played multiplayer till level 12 or 13 but now it's fucked up i can't play anymore it load under a bridge somewhere with only half loaded textures and shit and it crash to desktop after about 15 seconds every time :(

Assassin's creed is nice especialy if you havnt played like the 22 other that game before it (i bought it, can't play it...i'm like fed up i played too much assassin's and it's always the same) <For GTA...try GTA online it's awesome...batman the arkham knight was the game i enjoyed the most this year (go ahead hate me on that i deserve it! :P) i think it's an AMAZING game.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just Cause 3 has a worse story than GTA, but much better game mechanics (just don't drive...). If you like blowing shit up in the many imaginative ways, JC3 is your game...

I like a good story, that's why I mostly play linear games. Side quests distract me and help me forget (due to duration) what's going on in the main plot. 

That being said, I'm not against open world games -- obviously I've put plenty of hours into GTA and I'm very interested in continuing Syndicate.  But I don't think I'll get Just Cause 3. I've got a few others in my Steam library I'd want to play before getting anything else.  

GTA 5 is EPIC, i played the full story twice (on PS3 when it first launched and then on PC with my GTX 780) and i plan to play through it again now that i can run EPIC settings at 1440p with 980ti...loved that game!

i played multiplayer till level 12 pr 13 but now it's fucked up i can't play anymore it load under a bridge somewhere with only half loaded textures and shit and it crash to desktop after about 15 seconds every time :(

Assassin's creed is nice especialy if you havnt played like the 22 other that game before it (i bought it, can't play it...i'm like fed up i played too much assassin's and it's always the same) <For GTA...try GTA online it's awesome...batman the arkham knight was the game i enjoyed the most this year (go ahead hate me on that i deserve it! :P) i think it's an AMAZING game.

Ya I'm pleased with the graphics. I also have a 980ti, and a 6700k with 1080p.  I don't think I'd like its performance at 1440p, though.  In fact, I was about to buy a 4k display (read: tv) but decided against it because of the occasional performance drops with what I have at 1080p.   

Ya I'm pleased with the graphics. I also have a 980ti, and a 6700k with 1080p.  I don't think I'd like its performance at 1440p, though.  In fact, I was about to buy a 4k display (read: tv) but decided against it because of the occasional performance drops with what I have at 1080p.

you have performance drops at 1080p?!?!?! omg...i mean, that thing completely destroy 1440p...you don't need to add much anti-aliasing at all at 1440p for the images to look clean and sharp so maybe that's why...1440p is a HUGE step up from 1080p...4K is too demanding...the GTX 980ti is a 1440p gaming card.

Also GTA 5 has those ''advanced graphics'' options which literally won't change ANYTHING on what is rendered in the frames but it will KILL your framerates...be aware...some games have some settings that just aren't meant to be turned on.

Grass quality also you should run on HIGH...anything above that will kill your performance and that too is not noticeable at all.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

you have performance drops at 1080p?!?!?! omg...i mean, that thing completely destroy 1440p...you don't need to add much anti-aliasing at all at 1440p for the images to look clean and sharp so maybe that's why...1440p is a HUGE step up from 1080p...4K is too demanding...the GTX 980ti is a 1440p gaming card.

Anti-aliasing, good point.  Higher resolutions don't need it very much, if at all. 

I don't have Steam's frame-rate counter enabled very often, or hardware monitors running in the background, but ya on occasion it will stutter. I'd have to pay more attention again to see where/when, though.  But just like the fps counter, it's not often.  Maybe I'm being too picky -- it's possible I am. 

When you played GTA5, did you complete all the side quests, too?  

Anti-aliasing, good point.  Higher resolutions don't need it very much, if at all. 

I don't have Steam's frame-rate counter enabled very often, or hardware monitors running in the background, but ya on occasion it will stutter. I'd have to pay more attention again to see where/when, though.  But just like the fps counter, it's not often.  Maybe I'm being too picky -- it's possible I am. 

When you played GTA5, did you complete all the side quests, too?

previous post was edited i added some infos you might find useful...and yes in GTA 5 i've done a lot of stuff but mostly the story line to be honest...then i played online for a while which i would suggest you consider doing...it's a fun game to play online :)

I have really enjoyed my additional play through's of the single player campaign, i think the only mission i dislike doing is the tedious one at the docks driving the cranes etc.

I have really enjoyed my additional play through's of the single player campaign, i think the only mission i dislike doing is the tedious one at the docks driving the cranes etc.

I liked driving the cranes more than the little submarine.

I liked driving the cranes more than the little submarine.

Maybe its just me i don't know but i found that entire missions to be very tedious, maybe because Trevor put it together and all it managed to do was kill a lot of people and leave M, F and T with nothing to show for it. 

Play GTA ONLINE then...

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i played multiplayer till level 12 or 13 but now it's fucked up i can't play anymore it load under a bridge somewhere with only half loaded textures and shit and it crash to desktop after about 15 seconds every time :(

Can you please recommend 1 Assassin's creed title for me? I have played about 15 hours of AC2 before i got bored, but wouldnt mind trying a new one

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

Can you please recommend 1 Assassin's creed title for me? I have played about 15 hours of AC2 before i got bored, but wouldnt mind trying a new one

well...my favorite one so far has been unity, but i'm biaised cause i've made a few trips to Paris and i loved that aspect of the game being in old Paris...and i love architectural stuff and cathedrals and shit and they are soooo well rendered in high details in that game.

Otherwise, black flag has to be one of the best as well because it has those epic ship battles which are very fun IMHO.

well...my favorite one so far has been unity, but i'm biaised cause i've made a few trips to Paris and i loved that aspect of the game being in old Paris...and i love architectural stuff and cathedrals and shit and they are soooo well rendered in high details in that game.

Otherwise, black flag has to be one of the best as well because it has those epic ship battles which are very fun IMHO.

To be honest I'd probbably play a game for a short period, seeing as I havent finished fallout 4 and dishonored yet, which is better in the start?

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

To be honest I'd probbably play a game for a short period, seeing as I havent finished fallout 4 and dishonored yet, which is better in the start?

i would say black flag

I do not know about other people. But for me I really liked the story of GTA5. 

The characters are so realistic.

I did play it one time only though, and I didn't play all those side missions.

I am playing witcher3 now, but I find that combat thingy to hard to master....><

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Its one of those games where you can make your own fun once the campaign is over if you have a sense of adventure and an imagination.

I got bored of it too and uninstalled it. Never reached the Story end and MP was boring after some time too.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Yep. And if you're bored of GTA then it's perfect. It's probably one of the least boring games out there, you're the only limit.

Ya, but the challenges are boring after a while. Im clearing the second Region atm and it gets kind of repetitive.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO