The weirdest problem. Ever.

IT07

Hi peeps,

So, I recently expierenced the weirdest shit with my pc:

at night, whilst my PC was turned off, my Logitech G27 did it's wheel-turning thing just like when I plug it in when the PC is turned on.......

The wheel was connected to power (always) and with USB still to the computer. But the PC was off. Still, the wheel somehow got enough power to start doing the thing where it turns the wheel completely to left and right.

I have some other issues with the PC so I'm wondering if this thing says anything....

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Obsidian M900D | Formula VI RoG | i7-4770K, H100i | Corsair 2x6Gb 1600 | GTX970 Strix | Corsair AX860i | Razer Orbweaver, Black Widow Chroma, R.A.T.5

Paranormal activity: PC edition. 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Hi peeps,

So, I recently expierenced the weirdest shit with my pc:

at night, whilst my PC was turned off, my Logitech G27 did it's wheel-turning thing just like when I plug it in when the PC is turned on.......

The wheel was connected to power (always) and with USB still to the computer. But the PC was off. Still, the wheel somehow got enough power to start doing the thing where it turns the wheel completely to left and right.

I have some other issues with the PC so I'm wondering if this thing says anything....

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Some boards leave USB power on to charge devices when PC is off.

Look in your manual for your motherboard to see if this is the case and turn it off to test if this is the cause. (If thats even the issue)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Isn't the g27 sepaerately powered?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes it is seperately powered. But at the time it happened, it was also connected with USB to the PC. Could it be that I have a faulty PSU that pulses?

Obsidian M900D | Formula VI RoG | i7-4770K, H100i | Corsair 2x6Gb 1600 | GTX970 Strix | Corsair AX860i | Razer Orbweaver, Black Widow Chroma, R.A.T.5

I like the way you Kappa sir

Kappa //

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Yes it is seperately powered. But at the time it happened, it was also connected with USB to the PC. Could it be that I have a faulty PSU that pulses?

Could be... as it randomly got power. More likely than ghosts....  ^_^ Check if the usb port is always powered on, there is something as that feature...

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

It's almost like... YOUR PC IS STILL POWERED WHEN YOU PRESS THE SHUT DOWN BUTTON

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

You don't get it do you.

Dude try Ouija board! Worth it! :P

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

My board has a feature to keep the usb ports alive when pc is off.

Possibly the same thing causing your wheel to trip.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Some boards leave USB power on to charge devices when PC is off.

Look in your manual for your motherboard to see if this is the case and turn it off to test if this is the cause. (If thats even the issue)

Wallabies !

I have my wheel for 2 years. When the thing happened, it was not the first time it was plugged in with USB whilst the PC was turned off.

There is no consistency in it. Since it happened, I never left the USB cord plugged-in whilst the PC was turned off.

Also, when it happened, there were active PC problems happening like instant shutdowns when gaming and graphical/audio pauses whilst gaming.

ditto ... useful benefit, otherwise every usb would be swamped all day long with kids ipods etc!

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

No, I'm not fun at parties.

The USB port it's connected to is probably one of those which remains active after PC is shutdown. Useful for charging phone even though the PC is off. And perhaps your power went out for an extremely short, almost non existent blackout. Which does nothing but annoy you as your PC gets shutdown along with it. That happened and your motherboard repowered on and gave power to your wheel, making it think it's on and start doing calibration.

Well, when I mentioned that it shutdown, I forgot to include a vital detail: it instantly restarts itself and other devices connected to the same power extension cord

did not appear to loose power at all. The PC just shut itself off and on again. Not a regular reboot. It was *poof* whilst gaming, and then soon after it would start itself again.

Bump?

Bump?

you have to quote them in order for them to know that you replied to them

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

think you have to buy a new pc mate. 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

Yeah I'm afraid so too.... :(

I ordered a new PSU and some new memory that is actually in the MQVL of my motherboard unlike the current memory I have.

I also bought a new GPU. I'll see if it fixes it.

EDIT: The current PSU I have is a Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W. It is the second PSU that acts up of the same type and brand. I am never buying Cooler Master again. I went with Corsair AX860i this time.