which Norton should I get?

jousef

I wanted to get Norton and it turns out there are 4 kinds.

Norton 360,

Norton internet security,

Norton Security and

Norton Anti virus.

I donot mind buying it, cause its so cheap on G2A.com. Which one should I get for my PC?

If there is a better free alternative, please do share your opinion.

None of them. Get MBAM and MSE. both free.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

If you want to get norton, then get internet security - AFAIK 360 just adds cloud storage etc

Although I am not a big norton fan - if I was going to pay for one, I would get bitdefender, but there are free ones that provide just as good support

check out avtest.org - they compare and review the paid and free ones!!!

EDIT: also if anyone recommends MSE I suggest they read up on it, since its pretty terrible

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wanted to get Norton and it turns out there are 3 kinds.

Norton 360,

Norton Security and

Norton Anti virus.

I donot mind buying it, cause its so cheap on G2A.com. Which one should I get for my PC?

Go for ESET Smart Security and MBAM instead.

None of them. Get MBAM and MSE. both free.

Go for ESET Smart Security and MBAM instead.

Nooooo not norton!

Please......

MBAM is good tho.

He asked which version of Norton to get. We don't need Norton haters who don't back up their claims.

Edited by dom1310df

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

He asked which version of Norton to get, not which anti virus to get.

Norton is bad u should know that..

the only two I recommend are BitDefender or MBAM

stay the fuck away from norton though 

Cpu : AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.8Ghz), Motherboard : Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM : 8GB DDR4 2933 Team (Vulkan) memory, GPU : MSI GTX 980 4GB Case : Antec P50, Storage : 120GB Samsung SSD, 3TB WD Blue, PSU : 530w Thermaltake SPS-530MPC, Cooling : Artic freezer Pro 7, OS : Windows 10. 

He asked which version of Norton to get, not which anti virus to get.

He did, and we all suggested other (free) things that are way better. 

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

You can see how they compare here, and yeah Norton gets 6* across the board, MSE gets like 3.5*

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/october-2015/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

He asked which version of Norton to get. We don't need Norton haters who don't back up their claims.

We are just giving him advice, he may not know better alternatives exist maybe even for cheaper or free.

If someone asked what was the best sound card for normal use without knowing the onboard audio exists for that wouldn't you tell him?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

We are just giving him advice, he may not know better alternatives exist maybe even for cheaper or free.

If someone asked what was the best sound card for normal use without knowing the onboard audio exists for that wouldn't you tell him?

Not really a fair comparison. The antivirus included with windows sucks.

My experience with free antiviruses has been awful - blue screens all over the place, even while installing, and no help from support. This was Comodo, Avast free and AVG.

With the paid for versions of Norton, Kapersky and Avast, however, the relatively few minor issues I had were quickly sorted by support.

I also had the McAfee, and decided it wasn't worth the money I'd paid for the three year subscription, nor the effort to get a refund. Their customer service was that bad.

Edited by dom1310df

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

You should get the one that says "Uninstall".

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I wanted to get Norton and it turns out there are 4 kinds.

Norton 360,

Norton Security and

Norton Anti virus.

get kaspersky if you want an actual good av

30$ for 3 pcs

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Never go with Norton. Just don't.

But Norton 360 is all of them, so if you HAD to go with it, go with that.

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Not really a fair comparison. The antivirus included with windows sucks.

My experience with free antiviruses has been awful - blue screens all over the place, even while installing, and no help from support. This was Comodo, Avast free and AVG.

With the paid for versions of Norton, Kapersky and Avast, however, the relatively few minor issues I had were quickly sorted by support.

I also had the McAfee, and decided it wasn't worth the money I'd paid for the three year subscription, nor the effort to get a refund. Their customer service was that bad.

I'm not saying that Norton is a bad antivirus, it's just that free alternatives exist that can be considered.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Thanks for sharing your opinion everyone. I bought Norton internet security off G2A and the key turned out to be invalid, GGWP. I'm going to try ESET or MBAM till my order is resolved with G2A.

I would also recommend Webroot antivirus. At least take it in to consideration. I'm using it for second year now together with Malwarebytes Premium and so far no issues.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Yes I get his question.

My answer was not to go norton.

Ain't a Norton hater, just a person whom choose better products over others.

Don't make this a hate as that is your own personal view :)

I would also recommend Webroot antivirus. At least take it in to consideration. I'm using it for second year now together with Malwarebytes Premium and so far no issues.

That is something i heard before.

How is it?

If you want to get Norton...don't :D

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I definitely wouldn't recommend Norton at all because over the years their products protection went down hill. They also said that AV vendors will die soon, but guess what? They are the one that is going to die soon. But if you are looking for a better internet security suite then i recommend Kaspersky Internet Security 2016, Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 or ESET Smart Security 9.