Temp differences MSI and Sapphire 390s?

Rasier

I've been searching for idle and load temps for these two cards and have generally found suggestive numbers looking at the rest of the lineup, but has anyone seen a direct comparison of the 390 from MSI and Sapphire?

They're probably very similar, as they're both great brands for AMD cards.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I've been searching for idle and load temps for these two cards and have generally found suggestive numbers looking at the rest of the lineup, but has anyone seen a direct comparison of the 390 from MSI and Sapphire?

Sapphire is a bit quieter and runs also cooler but its bigger. Differences are small.

I'm Linus too. (:

The Sapphire is quiter during the fan speeds and has a higher clockspeed but it's also a bit bigger. Don't forget the Sapphire R9 390 uses 2x 8-pin while the MSI R9 390 uses 6+8-pins.

The Sapphire is quiter during the fan speeds and has a higher clockspeed but it's also a bit bigger. Don't forget the Sapphire R9 390 uses 2x 8-pin while the MSI R9 390 uses 6+8-pins.

Good call on power. My PSU can handle either one of these but I didn't notice that.

If they are similar, I'd have to go with the MSI. My current card is a MSI AMD and it has served me well. I always tend to favor solutions with less fans as it means less chance of a fan going bad. The tipping point is the 3 year warranty from MSI vs 2 year from Sapphire. Even if it's a touch louder, I get 12 more months if something breaks they'll take care of it.

Good call on power. My PSU can handle either one of these but I didn't notice that.

If they are similar, I'd have to go with the MSI. My current card is a MSI AMD and it has served me well. I always tend to favor solutions with less fans as it means less chance of a fan going bad. The tipping point is the 3 year warranty from MSI vs 2 year from Sapphire. Even if it's a touch louder, I get 12 more months if something breaks they'll take care of it.

There isn't much difference between the noise. I have MSI R9 290X too. It's a good card with good cooling.

My amd gpus have always been sapphire (now i have asus) but my friend has msi gpu and it's about as good as sapphire. Get the one that is cheaper. (:

I'm Linus too. (:

Probably about 2-5*C

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case