HELP me spend my $3000

I'm planning to build a PC with a budget of $3000

I want my pc to

- Play heavily modded games. Skyrim, GTA, Total War, CoH..

- Play in surround setup, 3x 1080p

- Look absolutely gorgeous. Matching colour scheme and that sort of things

Here's what I have currently

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1x38K

Reasoning behind the parts I've picked

i7 4770k - Games potentially using hyperthreading?

GTX 780 - 3gb VRAM. Tho i'm still torn between 780 and 7704gb. Also I dont know if I should get ASUS DCU2 or EVGA ACX

Max VI Hero - Aesthetics, I want to match my gpu. If i go with EVGA ACX, then my mobo would prob be gigabyte

The Corsair stuff - Mostly I just want them to match, alternatives are welcome

Critique my build and help me spend it wisely.

That being said, No I won't build a $1500 standard gaming desktop, it wont be a high enough performance leap form my laptop to justify the purchase

Thanks!

why have you done with such an expensive soundcard, what headphones do you have ?

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I guess if you have 3000 to spend on a pc, you must have awesome headphones to justify THAT soundcard.

Other than that, very balanced, nicely layed out build. 4770k with h100i, if you plan on overclocking. Xeon E3-1230v3 and a H87 mainboard, if you would like a second 780. ;)

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I agree with JORDANonPC. If you don't have the audiosystem, don't spend to much on the soundcard.

I would go with a gpu that has atleast 4gb ram because gaming on 3 monitors is very demanding for video memory. If amd is an option for you, I would wait for the

new series to be released because their surround-gaming is still better than nvidias.

With that budget get 16gb of ram, it's always nice to have a little extra, Do you really need a $180 dollar sound card? You could also go with a seagate barracuda and for the same price get 2tb of storage or just get a 1tb drive for $62.

If you are surround gaming then a Titan should be an option too, because 3GB might not be enough and 2 770s are not that strong. Expensive but should fit your budget. Do you want an AiO watercooler or a custom loop?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Wait for the 9000 series. Plan then.

If you're in a rush, edits: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1x8ZK

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm planning to build a PC with a budget of $3000

I want my pc to

- Play heavily modded games. Skyrim, GTA, Total War, CoH..

- Play in surround setup, 3x 1080p

- Look absolutely gorgeous. Matching colour scheme and that sort of things

Here's what I have currently

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1x38K

Reasoning behind the parts I've picked

i7 4770k - Games potentially using hyperthreading?

GTX 780 - 3gb VRAM. Tho i'm still torn between 780 and 7704gb. Also I dont know if I should get ASUS DCU2 or EVGA ACX

Max VI Hero - Aesthetics, I want to match my gpu. If i go with EVGA ACX, then my mobo would prob be gigabyte

The Corsair stuff - Mostly I just want them to match, alternatives are welcome

Critique my build and help me spend it wisely.

That being said, No I won't build a $1500 standard gaming desktop, it wont be a high enough performance leap form my laptop to justify the purchase

Thanks!

when do you plan  on building

I came up with this, it has a green color scheme (!). The price is around $2990:

i7 4770K with H100i

Gigabyte Killer series G1 Sniper 5

Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB

EVGA GTX TITAN SC

Samsung 840 EVO 500GB

WD Black 2TB

Corsair AX860i

Corsair Obsidian 650D

2-pack Corsair SP120 Quiet, 1 Corsair AF120 quiet

You should also buy some Bitfenix green sleeved cables and paint the color stripes on the fans, that would look sweet. The system is fully expandable and overclockable, you have 6GB VRAM so surround or 4K shouldn't be a problem, however I'd get a second Titan as soon as I have money. You can also rock 2 780s for the price, however with only 3GB VRAM. I don't think you need a soundcard from day 1, that board has awesome iSoundcard.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

I do need that soundcard to drive my HD598. I play and listen to music a lot so I don't mind paying for superior sound quality.

I'm not waiting for AMD release because the haven't fixed the microstutter issue outside of single monitor 1080p (data from PC perspective, no I didn't do my own reasearch, but that pcper guy seems to know what he's talking about)

I haven't really considered the titan until now, that 6gb vram sure is tempting, but I wont be able to get another for SLI as soon as I would if i'd gone with a 780. 

Also the titan is only about 10% faster in games compared to the 780, ( I haven't found benchmarks of those two on modded games tho, if the difference go around 20% in that scenario then I'd get the titan). Is 3gb more VRAM worth $350?

Also the TITAN is the only card without a number scheme on it (as far as i know). but I don't know if old tech like that will appreciate in value over the years (5-10 years).

I haven't really considered the titan until now, that 6gb vram sure is tempting, but I wont be able to get another for SLI as soon as I would if i'd gone with a 780.

Also the titan is only about 10% faster in games compared to the 780, ( I haven't found benchmarks of those two on modded games tho, if the difference go around 20% in that scenario then I'd get the titan). Is 3gb more VRAM worth $350?

If you are playing at higher resolution than 1440p then yes. 3-4GB cards are made for that resolution. If we count with 2GB ideal for 1080p, three monitors need 3*2GB=6GB