Hideo Kojima is starting a new studio, first game is gonna debut on PS4 and release later to PC

Bouzoo

According to Nikkei, Hideo Kojima is officially from today no longer a Konami employee. I suppose those reports from weeks ago were not about his contract.

According to the article, Kojima is starting a new studio with people from Kojima Productions and their first game is gonna debut on PS with a PC port coming later.  For now we don't know anything about this game.

This is the translation that surfaced on Neogafs forum. Seems that first it was translated wrong but this should be the proper version.

ゲームソフト「メタルギア」シリーズで知られる著名ゲームクリエーターの小島秀夫氏が、15日付でコナミデジタルエンタテインメントを退社した。新会社を設立し てゲーム制作を続け、ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント(SCE)のゲーム機「プレイステーション(PS)」向けなどで販売するとみられる。

Kojima Hideo, a famous video game creator known for the Metal Gear series has left Konami Digital Entertainment as of December 15th. He will form a new company where he will continue developing video games, with plans to release on platforms such as Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE)'s PlayStation.

コナミ時代の部下と新会社を設立する。代表作「メタルギア」シリーズの版権はコナミ側に残るため、新作の開発に着手する。最新作についてはSCEと最終交渉し ており、PS向けに優先販売するとみられる。

He is forming the new company with people who worked under him at Konami. The rights to the Metal Gear series, for which he is most known, remain at Konami, so he will begin working on an all new title. Final negotiations with SCE are underway for this new game to debut on PlayStation.

小島氏は「マリオ」で知られる任天堂の宮本茂氏と並ぶ世界的なゲーム開発者。緻密なストーリー作りや映画の手法も取り入れた映像表現で評価が高い。今年9月に 発売したゲームソフト「メタルギアソリッド5」は世界で500万本を超える大ヒットを記録した。

Kojima is a world famous video game developer on the same level as Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of Mario. He is highly praised for his elaborate stories and use of movie techniques to create impressive visual imagery. Metal Gear Solid V was released this September and became a massive hit, selling over 5 million copies around the world.

I am glad that he is continuing his work, and even more that he is opening a new studio and is not going to work for someone else. There are some studios I could see him working for but this seems fitting. And I hope he somehow doesn't end up working for Sony. 

Neogaf forum

Nikkei article (in Japanese) 

Other sources: 1, 2

EDIT: It's official, watch the video for more info.

Courtesy of @Sharkyx1

Edited by Bouzoo

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I thought i would do that if i was him, but i never thought that he would do it because i thought he was done with game making, burned out like a lot of other veteran/legendary game makers

Im really happy about it though

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Konami lost the last thing going for it, RIP.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I'm glad he's continuing, don't really like the ps4 part though

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

R.I.P Konami.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

RIP Metal Gear :( 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I'm glad he's continuing, don't really like the ps4 part though

You are aware that MGS 1 - 4 were released first on PS?

Edited by Bouzoo

You are aware that MGS 1 - 4 were PS exclusives?

Yes, just wish that would change

Didn't play any of the older ones though

My Build: i7-4790K, 212 Evo, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel 730 240GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0, NZXT H440 Blue/Black, EVGA 650W 80+Gold.

Most of the time, it's not the computer, it's the person using it.

You are aware thats not correct right?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1 and 2 were released on pc, as well as a remake of 1 on gamecube.

You are aware thats not correct right?

Oh yes, I played MGS2 on PC.  :ph34r:

Meant they were released first on PS.  :lol:

Oh yes, I played MGS2 on PC. :ph34r:

Meant they were released first on PS. :lol:

mDy8WKE.jpg

Not to mention the HD release of 2 and 3 on xb360 4 is the only MG to go truly ps exclusive

Not counting the PSP ones and even one of them is on 360

System Specs

So his games will be PS4 Exclusive from now on? Great /s.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

He should leave Japan altogether. Shitty working environment, he deserves better.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

This discussion regarding Kojima has been pretty one-sided.  Konami has seemingly been the "bad guy" throughout the production of MGSV.  So much so, that it defies all logic how a company could mishandle PR so ridiculously. 

The only thing I can think of to explain all of this is that Kojima perhaps did something very wrong.  People jokingly would say, "did he sleep with the boss's wife?".  But let's say for a minute that Kojima did something termination-worthy, such as use company funds for his own use.  What could Konami do?  Fire him?  Before the game was complete?  They'd stand to lose a lot of money.  So instead, they keep him on, but have to distance themselves from him.

All of this has been very strange.  I'm confident something will come to light that will make Konami's treatment of this whole situation a little less boneheaded in hindsight.

What could Konami do?  Fire him?  Before the game was complete? They'd stand to lose a lot of money.

Well they kind of did with silent hills. And then taking into account their pachinco machines and apparent recent net gain from mobile games, I don't know how big a priority AAA game profits are to them currently.

This discussion regarding Kojima has been pretty one-sided.  Konami has seemingly been the "bad guy" throughout the production of MGSV.  So much so, that it defies all logic how a company could mishandle PR so ridiculously. 

The only thing I can think of to explain all of this is that Kojima perhaps did something very wrong.  People jokingly would say, "did he sleep with the boss's wife?".  But let's say for a minute that Kojima did something termination-worthy, such as use company funds for his own use.  What could Konami do?  Fire him?  Before the game was complete?  They'd stand to lose a lot of money.  So instead, they keep him on, but have to distance themselves from him.

All of this has been very strange.  I'm confident something will come to light that will make Konami's treatment of this whole situation a little less boneheaded in hindsight.

No it's actually Konami, they are slowly abandoning their AAA development moving resources and giving less to devs like him and paying attention to money grabbing mobile games (let's be honest that's the way mobile games work nowadays, they are nothing but money grabs).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Maybe he should get a hint that PS4 is not the platform to go to.

Why would that be the case when its the best selling AAA gaming platform?

I've read stuff that the game he's making could be PS&PC anyways, but for single platform PS is the best one to release on.

So for source on that lets look at MGSV sales

SteamSpy reports: Owners: 787,781 ± 21,544

and the reported numbers are 5m total sales by the end of october

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/10/30/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-sales-has-reached-five-million-copies-shipped/

so PC represents an odd 15% of sales

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

MGSV was a big success on PC and Xbox One respectively, I doubt he will only start publishing on one platform now for a decade.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

ITS HAPPENING

post-13512-0-02748500-1450249842.png

Totally Biscuits is unhappy.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Never cared about the metal gear story, but hey, nice I guess? if it wasn't exclusive...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*