Real loud noise coming from Swiftech H220x

HeyGuys,

Does anyone know what exactly could be causing a real loud noise in my h220x?
I am not sure if it's the pump making a noise or something else.
It doesn't sound like rattling noises, more like this annoying "ehhhhh" sound.

Maybe some H220x owners will know?

I am thinking of changing my cooler if this persists since I have no clue how to fix it.
I was thinking of H100i or H100i GTX... Not sure what's the difference. New is better? hehe.

Thanks!

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

If you change the cooler go for a kraken x61 and get two ek vardar fans for optimal and quiet operation

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

If you change the cooler go for a kraken x61 and get two ek vardar fans for optimal and quiet operation

I am using 2 NF-F12 (Noctua) on the H220x right now.

x61 better than H100i GTX? Ok.

Still would like to know if I could fix the loud noise on the H220x FeelsBadMan

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

Its the pump

try disconnecting the fans to see if the noise stops, but I'm almost 100% sure it wont

the H220x is a bad cooler, sorry you bought one :(

When you replace it, choose between a sealed AiO like kraken x61, H110igtx, or H110igtx, or go with the EK predator if you want to expand in the future

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Its the pump

try disconnecting the fans to see if the noise stops, but I'm almost 100% sure it wont

When you replace it, choose between a sealed AiO like kraken x61, H110igtx, or H110igtx, or go with the EK predator if you want to expand in the future

Yeah, I did this yesterday, that's how I know it's the cooler itself and not the fans.

I might just try looking into a AIO cooler that's 240mm.

Current Build:

Its the pump

I've used plenty of them without issue.  It is definitely not a bad cooler.  

I've used plenty of them without issue.  It is definitely not a bad cooler.  

the amount of failures and leaks per cooler sold is far above average

also its loud

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

HeyGuys,

Does anyone know what exactly could be causing a real loud noise in my h220x?

I am not sure if it's the pump making a noise or something else.

It doesn't sound like rattling noises, more like this annoying "ehhhhh" sound.

Maybe some H220x owners will know?

I am thinking of changing my cooler if this persists since I have no clue how to fix it.

I was thinking of H100i or H100i GTX... Not sure what's the difference. New is better? hehe.

Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that. Please contact me at ren@swiftech.com so I can help you to solve this issue.

the amount of failures and leaks per cooler sold is far above average

also its loud

Feel free to send the stats on this and the data that you have collected during your personal testing.  

Feel free to send the stats on this and the data that you have collected during your personal testing.  

my stats are all the people i have seen complain about the noise here on LTT forum as well as reddit PCMR

I don't need to waste my time looking for all the posts, if you want to see complaints go read all the reviews on the H2xx products

You know how to use google, right?

here are just a few quick ones i dug up

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/related/3pmsrt/h220x_leak_in_reservoir/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3o23nt/troubleshooting_clc_water_replacement/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1367654/swiftech-h220-h320-h220x-h240x-h140x-and-cm-glacer-240l-360l-owners-club/14280

20150519_222242.jpg

there was another post on reddit i cant find now, it was another guy which got a crack in the same place as the image above^^^

Spoiler

my stats are all the people i have seen complain about the noise here on LTT forum as well as reddit PCMR

I don't need to waste my time looking for all the posts, if you want to see complaints go read all the reviews on the H2xx products

So...you have no personal experience with the product?  You only know what you have seen or read on the internet?  Seems legit.  Considering most people turn to the internet with problems and not when their product performs as it should...what exactly do you expect to find?  You went looking for problems...of course you found some.

Real stats...real data.  Not internet opinions.  Provide me with noise/failure rate based on units sold compared to other manufacturers.  Can you do that?  No.

So...you have no personal experience with the product?  You only know what you have seen or read on the internet?  Seems legit.  Considering most people turn to the internet with problems and not when their product performs as it should...what exactly do you expect to find?  You went looking for problems...of course you found some.

Real stats...real data.  Not internet opinions.  Provide me with noise/failure rate based on units sold compared to other manufacturers.  Can you do that?  No.

oh wow you sound like you have problems accepting that its a bad cooler...

one personal experience is nothing compared to experiences from hundreds of other people

and yes, something like an H100i sells thousands of times more than the H220/240x yet have an extremely small amount of leaks.

Of course swiftec doesnt release numbers of how many they sell but you can go ANYWHERE and you will see at least 50 sealed AiOs per h220/240x

Consumer reviews are "real data" and clearly if you open your eyes you will see that the swiftech AiOs sell less and break more than other coolers.

And with a watercooler, its not good to take chances like that. The reservoir cracking is also one of the most common issues with it.

If you enjoy having your watercooler leak and kill your parts then sure! Get an H240X!

Most people don't though and that's why a 100% sealed AiO is recommended. If someone wants to expand they should buy an EK predator or just save up for a full loop.

Almost all the parts used in the H220/240x are cheap crap from china, as you can see from the quality of the metals and acrylic.

But hey, if you want to be a swiftec fanboy then go ahead, just don't tell people to buy a shitty AiO like the H220/240x because not everyone wants to risk ruining their entire build like you do.

Spoiler

oh wow you sound like you have problems accepting that its a bad cooler...

one personal experience is nothing compared to experiences from hundreds of other people

and yes, something like an H100i sells thousands of times more than the H220/240x yet have an extremely small amount of leaks.

Of course swiftec doesnt release numbers of how many they sell but you can go ANYWHERE and you will see at least 50 sealed AiOs per h220/240x

Consumer reviews are "real data" and clearly if you open your eyes you will see that the swiftech AiOs sell less and break more than other coolers.

And with a watercooler, its not good to take chances like that. The reservoir cracking is also one of the most common issues with it.

If you enjoy having your watercooler leak and kill your parts then sure! Get an H240X!

Most people don't though and that's why a 100% sealed AiO is recommended. If someone wants to expand they should buy an EK predator or just save up for a full loop.

Almost all the parts used in the H220/240x are cheap crap from china, as you can see from the quality of the metals and acrylic.

But hey, if you want to be a swiftec fanboy then go ahead, just don't tell people to buy a shitty AiO like the H220/240x because not everyone wants to risk ruining their entire build like you do.

Let's not argue.  I respect your opinion and your advice.  

This has nothing to do with being a fanboy...so don't let your deep rooted anti-fanboyism mislead you.  I don't purchase companies...I purchase products.

I will give you unbiased results regardless of who makes the product...good or bad.

You are a great asset to the community and I value you.  I apologize if things came across differently.

here are just a few quick ones i dug up

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/related/3pmsrt/h220x_leak_in_reservoir/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3o23nt/troubleshooting_clc_water_replacement/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1367654/swiftech-h220-h320-h220x-h240x-h140x-and-cm-glacer-240l-360l-owners-club/14280

there was another post on reddit i cant find now, it was another guy which got a crack in the same place as the image above^^^

That is the old version of the unit which have bleed screw in the window. I have change the window design long time ago to prevent it from crack. New version of the H220-X/240-X does not have bleed screw in the window anymore.

That is the old version of the unit which have bleed screw in the window. I have change the window design long time ago to prevent it from crack. New version of the H220-X/240-X does not have bleed screw in the window anymore.

c7c41c1feff4404167c0d2a6824d0242.jpg

i see the 220X doesnt have it, the 240X still does

at least in the product pictures

http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx

Spoiler

i see the 220X doesnt have it, the 240X still does

at least in the product pictures

http://www.swiftech.com/H240-X.aspx

The picture of on the website was taking from the  first batch of the units. We have done some changes to the unit: tubing, cable, window, etc.

Right now, all the kits(140X 220X 240X) using the new rubber tubing, window, etc. Not just H220-X.

Window and cable change also apply to MCR140-X Drive unit.