I have money?

I have always been the guy who never has money ever since middle school and I just recently came into a large sum of money for my age. It was my mother's before she passed and my guardians gave me control of the money since I am now eighteen. I have over 40,000 dollars but I put 85% of it in a savings account and I now have 2,300$ to spend willy nilly. What do I do with it?

Well since you're on a tech forum: build a pc with it?

Build a new computer?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I feel like you came here just to see people say build a PC...

I say buy some penny stocks that look promising. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

build a pc

Build a new computer?

Well since you're on a tech forum: build a pc with it?

I get that but what parts should I get. I only need a new cpu motherboard and graphics card.

You could build an absolutely killer machine with $2,300

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I feel like you came here just to see people say build a PC...

I say buy some penny stocks that look promising. :P

spent about 500$ on that and they already rose to 650$

spent about 500$ on that and they already rose to 650$

My dad spent like 20 bucks on some and I think now we have a few grand. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I get that but what parts should I get. I only need a new cpu motherboard and graphics card.

Just get a skylake i5K, OC capable motherboard, 980Ti and actually a better PSU (since those parts are expensive)

I have always been the guy who never has money ever since middle school and I just recently came into a large sum of money for my age. It was my mother's before she passed and my guardians gave me control of the money since I am now eighteen. I have over 40,000 dollars but I put 85% of it in a savings account and I now have 2,300$ to spend willy nilly. What do I do with it?

what do you NEED

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Just get a skylake i5K, OC capable motherboard, 980Ti and actually a better PSU (since those parts are expensive)

I have a more than good psu but I don't really like i5s

basing myself off your profile, i'll pitch you two ideas:

4790k with fitting motherboard, decent power supply and some new monitors and peripherals, and re-use all else.

6700k with fitting motherboard, ram, decent power supply and some new monitors and peripherals, and re-use all else.

maybe toss in a juicy GPU as well.

i do want to say this: DO NOT spend your money "willy nilly" my sister was in the same case a few years back, she got a beautiful car.. that now has a dent in it.

i'm in the same position, and i'm sitting on it until i find something useful to do with it.

if thats a corsair CX, you dont have a good psu.

It stomps the FX though :D why ask here if you are not willing to upgrade the parts that need an upgrade?

Hookers lots of hookers build an awesome gaming rig because why the hell not.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

basing myself off your profile, i'll pitch you two ideas:

4790k with fitting motherboard, decent power supply and some new monitors and peripherals, and re-use all else.

6700k with fitting motherboard, ram, decent power supply and some new monitors and peripherals, and re-use all else.

maybe toss in a juicy GPU as well.

i do want to say this: DO NOT spend your money "willy nilly" my sister was in the same case a few years back, she got a beautiful car.. that now has a dent in it.

i'm in the same position, and i'm sitting on it until i find something useful to do with it.

Good point but there is a reason why I have most of it saved and by most I mean 42,000$ of it

I actually just bought a corsair ax860i a couple days ago

thats pretty much the best corsair psu outside of the 80+ titanium one xD

It stomps the FX though :D why ask here if you are not willing to upgrade the parts that need an upgrade?

Sorry man I just don't like i5s I have a better time with i3s